This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
timboiscool's profile picture

[game][computer] Hangman!

Started by timboiscool, 26 May 2012 - 07:09 PM
timboiscool #1
Posted 26 May 2012 - 09:09 PM
Hangman on computer!

Every wanted to play some games on the CC Computers?
Just wanna check out the source to learn from it?
Then this is for you!
Just a relaxing game of hangman!

here are some screenshots:

Startup screen:
Spoiler

In game screen:
Spoiler

Startup screen:
Spoiler

Instructions:
Here might be some things you didn't know:

–You can actually make a new file called: 'hangmanlist' and add words to it seperated by a ' ; ' (No enters or nextlines)

–I made the program terminateable but instead of just terminating i show a screen and after that it quits the program.

–I coded 1 1/2 hour on this cause I had trouble with the graphics! (And I was sleepy)

Download:

Y u no click me? [Dropbox code only]
Click me for Pastebin link! [to pastebin it to a server]

Enjoying my work?

Click here to donate :)/>/>

Copyright © Program maker.
Do not copy or rewrite and publish this program without permission from the creator.
This program has been made by the author and is only usable in game.
This copyright has been written by this author and doesn't make sense but I hope you get the point!
timboiscool #2
Posted 28 May 2012 - 02:11 PM
Why so silence D:
If you got something to say of it please say i'd love to hear what i can do better in my upcoming games/programs!
savior67 #3
Posted 28 May 2012 - 04:40 PM
I've played it, I love it!
Leo Verto #4
Posted 29 May 2012 - 03:43 PM
Looks interesting, might get it for my server.
Noodle #5
Posted 29 May 2012 - 06:05 PM
Nice, works! One problem is that the words can be written down and then you know them. I did that with a friend and he liked it (I did REALLY easy words).
pyrotekniks #6
Posted 29 May 2012 - 09:04 PM
so i typed the whole code in and when i try to play it i get " bios:206: [string "hangman"]:43: '=' expected " what do i do?
MysticT #7
Posted 29 May 2012 - 09:38 PM
so i typed the whole code in and when i try to play it i get " bios:206: [string "hangman"]:43: '=' expected " what do i do?
hmm, maybe you could check the line 43 (and 42 and 44, just in case) to see if you typed something wrong.
PixelToast #8
Posted 29 May 2012 - 11:31 PM
i used to play hangman but then i took a 500 kg weight to the knee
this game is just awesome btw especially when i run it on a monitor
Noodle #9
Posted 30 May 2012 - 05:05 AM
i used to play hangman but then i took a 500 kg weight to the knee
this game is just awesome btw especially when i run it on a monitor

Good idea! I should do that too!
timboiscool #10
Posted 30 May 2012 - 12:30 PM
Thanks for all the replies xD
@
Nice, works! One problem is that the words can be written down and then you know them. I did that with a friend and he liked it (I did REALLY easy words).

Indeed but that's why I allowed extions so you can have unlimited amount of words.
although it is possible that i make a simple upgrade so it won't do the same word twice and you can reset it, so all words will be avaible again.
timboiscool #11
Posted 30 May 2012 - 12:34 PM

I added a pastebin link at the download section so you can download it directly to you Computer on a server!
timboiscool #12
Posted 09 June 2012 - 10:31 PM
No bugs or something??
If there is anything you want me to make say it.
Maybe a special game?
Maybe a number to binary converter?
Hexicube #13
Posted 10 June 2012 - 11:03 AM
What you could do is make a two player hangman where you both type a word for the other person, and the first one to guess the other one wins! You could probably add like a 10 second penalty to incorrect guesses instead of losing a life tho…