This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
spook811's profile picture

Electronus OS 3.0

Started by spook811, 26 May 2014 - 06:25 PM
spook811 #1
Posted 26 May 2014 - 08:25 PM
Hey guys, Spook811 here, thought I would tell you about the project DomanoSV and I are working on at the moment. Basically its the next step in the evolution of ElectronousOS. In this version we will be taking full advantage of the ability to use mouse clicks on an advanced computer and all the new features released in ComputerCraft 1.6. Our biggest goal for this project is to make the user interface more user friendly, to make it simple, make it easy to use and make it flexible to the requirement of the user.
It will be programmed like a Linux box to an extent (will have some influence from Windows), it will have a similar file structure. In this version of ElectronousOS we will be implementing plug and play peripherals, a boot loader, network log on if a server is present, package based distribution system so if you want a server just download the packages associated with it and more to come. We will be adding features as we go, as you all know, ideas come and evolve as we develop the OS. We will keep you posted via Twitter (@DKEDomain) as to the progress of the new OS.
For sneaky previews and source code head over to: http://www.dkedomain...onousos-3-0.11/
Edited on 26 May 2014 - 06:25 PM
DomanoSV #2
Posted 26 May 2014 - 09:14 PM
Hello fellow ComputerCraft users, have I got a treat for you. A year or so ago I developed an OS for ComputerCraft called ElectronousOS 2.0. Basically it gives the user a standard environment/interface, this was a first attempt at it. It includes a Mail client, network log on, file transfer protocol to send files between computer and also has its own file manager.

To Install the Operation System on your ComputerCraft machine use the following code:

pastebin get r1VFhry2 setup
setup

Please Note: This will only work on an advanced computer, network log on and mail client requires a ComputerCraft Electronus Server.

You will also need to have HTTP enabled on your ComputerCraft installation to you the pastebin get command.

Here are some images:

Edited on 27 May 2014 - 02:15 PM