This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
sk8mn's profile picture

CCTV Camera

Started by sk8mn, 01 June 2014 - 12:03 AM
sk8mn #1
Posted 01 June 2014 - 02:03 AM
Basically there is a new block in the game with a circle on one face the camera end now this needs to be linked up to a advanced monitor with either wired or wireless modems. The monitor would only be one block big as making it larger would probably create lag. This would then make cc even more helpful in base building as you could have a bunch of monitors with camera's hooked up. I'm thinking the cameras would need some sort of redstone signal and it could be added to a turtle to create Surveillance Turtle which you could move to specific areas to get important views of enemy bases however they cannot transmit while moving
Slash0mega #2
Posted 01 June 2014 - 06:40 AM
cameras have to high a resolution for the feel of computercraft, also, i think this fits in withn a cclights issue of lag.
GreenByteSoftware #3
Posted 02 June 2014 - 06:44 PM
This is possible, and possible to don't give any lag to server or client. But that's complicated… Really… for example it would draw it with no colors, but drawing everything on monitor… better and simple idea would be that when you right click it would show gui with camera's view, that would be a lot easier to put this inside the code, but it's going to be really complicated specially for servers, imagine: the cctv camera is far away from any players but once it's accessed it still must load chunks to draw somethig on screen, well also framerate would be probably 1.5 - 2 times smaller because it must draw another gpu rendered crap on screen. I don't believe that it will ever come to CC, maybe if some kind of mods exist there would be support to program cameras etc…
apemanzilla #4
Posted 02 June 2014 - 06:59 PM
I believe this has been denied before.
H4X0RZ #5
Posted 02 June 2014 - 07:11 PM
This is possible, and possible to don't give any lag to server or client. But that's complicated… Really… for example it would draw it with no colors, but drawing everything on monitor… better and simple idea would be that when you right click it would show gui with camera's view, that would be a lot easier to put this inside the code, but it's going to be really complicated specially for servers, imagine: the cctv camera is far away from any players but once it's accessed it still must load chunks to draw somethig on screen, well also framerate would be probably 1.5 - 2 times smaller because it must draw another gpu rendered crap on screen. I don't believe that it will ever come to CC, maybe if some kind of mods exist there would be support to program cameras etc…
There is a mod ^^
http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/201827-v13-01-cctv-block-v01-mlv5/
GreenByteSoftware #6
Posted 02 June 2014 - 07:56 PM
There is a mod ^^
http://www.minecraft...block-v01-mlv5/
For minecraft BETA 1.8
cptdeath58 #7
Posted 02 June 2014 - 11:11 PM
Actually,
Rotarycraft
jaffacakesareamazing #8
Posted 07 June 2014 - 12:42 PM
I have seen pictures of drawing just 0's on the screen for blocks around it, like a 2D representation of what is around the computer/turtle.

It would be quite cool, you could remote control your turtle over wireless rednet while watching where it is going though a camera! Kinda like a remote control droid!!