This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
CCGrimHaxor's profile picture

[DEAD]Computercraft Visual Programmer

Started by CCGrimHaxor, 10 June 2014 - 12:31 PM
CCGrimHaxor #1
Posted 10 June 2014 - 02:31 PM
Computercraft Visual Programmer

This program is now dead due to it becomming difficult to keep up with school and the program.

Description:
The program is used to help you make programs the easy and best way. It was created for starters at lua and computercraft and people who are just lazy. This program makes programming seem easy and professional.

To-do list before the program is released:
Spoiler
  1. Add custom api adder
  2. Add custom api folder creator
  3. Allow removing of the apis dynamiclly
  4. Add a text editor
  5. Add titles
  6. Add icons
  7. Add help
  8. Add info
  9. If statments.
  10. Learn the english grammer already
  11. Debug program
  12. Change images
  13. Release.

FAQ
Spoiler
  • When will the program be released? The release has been delayed due to a massive bug in the sistem(might have to redo the entire program)
  • Is the program a virus or a fake? No it is none of these things
  • Where are the images? Below don't you have eyes.
  • What do I do if I find a bug? Report it in the comments check below to see how to do that.
  • How long have you been working on the project? 2 months.
  • Why haven't you posted this topic before? Don't wanna keep you waiting.
  • Where can I download the program when it is released? The download link will be posted on this topic once the program is released.
  • Can I get a pre-release of the program? Yes. But it is not finished so you can only get a demo of it see below on how to get it.
  • Is there a text editor in there? No not yet it will be in the offical release I added it to the to-do list.

Images
Spoilerhttp://imgur.com/nTVL1Gu
http://imgur.com/jv9ZZFs
http://imgur.com/CrmBBNA
http://imgur.com/taS0sl8
http://imgur.com/IJYKbqI
http://imgur.com/5nleRZA

Updated features
Spoiler
  • Fixed some bugs
  • Added modification
  • Added delete function
  • Added required end
  • Added extra features
  • Added refresh button in visual programmer
  • Removed unused errors(didn't effect program)
  • Fixed up save feature
  • Added new download to forum
pre-release 2
  • Made the topic a little more fancy
  • Added a text editor
  • Added syntax highlighting
  • Added titles
  • Added icons
  • Removed visual programmer's modification
  • Added help
  • Added info
  • Fixed up some stuff
  • Fixed some bugs
  • Removed some unused errors
  • Fixed some language(spelling) errors
  • Recoded the visual programmer
  • Added some comments
  • Fixed release date
  • Added new to-do
  • Added some requests from comments
  • Read all the comments

Planned features
Spoiler
  1. Add a tab manu betwen Code view and tree view - by apemanzilla
  2. Tells what function is being ran and what it returns - by Geforce Fan

Downloads
SpoilerPre-release(final update): http://www.mediafire...Pre-release.zip

Known bugs
SpoilerNot released yet!

Report a bug
SpoilerWait until the program is released

Please leave suggestions below

Made by CCGrimHaxor
Edited on 01 October 2014 - 03:53 PM
Lignum #2
Posted 10 June 2014 - 03:01 PM
So, this is just an IDE for ComputerCraft? Looks good so far, I'll make sure to check it out tomorrow. You should consider adding syntax highlighting to the editor. This should help you with that.
Agoldfish #3
Posted 10 June 2014 - 03:20 PM
#WindowBuilder.
truhgoj #4
Posted 10 June 2014 - 03:27 PM
There are already complete implementations for some of the dialogs you implemented. Not sure if they work for you but they are definitely worth a look.

https://docs.oracle.com/javase/tutorial/uiswing/components/filechooser.html
https://docs.oracle.com/javase/tutorial/uiswing/components/dialog.html
Lignum #5
Posted 10 June 2014 - 03:31 PM
There are already complete implementations for some of the dialogs you implemented. Not sure if they work for you but they are definitely worth a look.

https://docs.oracle....ilechooser.html
https://docs.oracle....nts/dialog.html
It would make sense that he's already using the former for the Browse button seen here.
apemanzilla #6
Posted 10 June 2014 - 04:12 PM
To me it just looks like you popped open Eclipse, added windowbuilder pro and made a couple basic visual classes with the designer. No offense, but this looks quite fake at the moment. If you showed some real parts or some source I'd accept it. I think it would also be better if you used a tabbed panel showing the tree and code in separate tabs (or a split panel?) as well as maybe a couple menus so it's more full-featured.

Finally, what makes this editor different from, say, Sublime Text 2? It looks to me like a plaintext editor with a tree view of the function in a popup to me.

Sorry if this post seems harsh. I didn't get enough sleep last night. Working on stuff.
Edited on 10 June 2014 - 02:16 PM
Agoldfish #7
Posted 15 June 2014 - 02:46 PM
To me it just looks like you popped open Eclipse, added windowbuilder pro and made a couple basic visual classes with the designer. No offense, but this looks quite fake at the moment. If you showed some real parts or some source I'd accept it. I think it would also be better if you used a tabbed panel showing the tree and code in separate tabs (or a split panel?) as well as maybe a couple menus so it's more full-featured.

Finally, what makes this editor different from, say, Sublime Text 2? It looks to me like a plaintext editor with a tree view of the function in a popup to me.

Sorry if this post seems harsh. I didn't get enough sleep last night. Working on stuff.
If I may use his avatar:
Spoiler
Edited on 15 June 2014 - 12:46 PM
Sir_Mr_Bman #8
Posted 15 June 2014 - 03:52 PM
*Cough*

Someone (can't remember who) released a Syntax Definition for ComputerCraft and Sublime text. I'm still going to use that, because of a few things.
(1) Syntax highlighting
(2) It's effing sublime text. I can use it for a whole lot more than I can use this thing.

Other than those drawbacks, it's a little cool… not really… it's a good thought.
Reminds me of Oeed's new program thingo for CCJam.
CCGrimHaxor #9
Posted 15 June 2014 - 05:36 PM
*Cough*

Someone (can't remember who) released a Syntax Definition for ComputerCraft and Sublime text. I'm still going to use that, because of a few things.
(1) Syntax highlighting
(2) It's effing sublime text. I can use it for a whole lot more than I can use this thing.

Other than those drawbacks, it's a little cool… not really… it's a good thought.
Reminds me of Oeed's new program thingo for CCJam.

Well thanks but this is not finished yet. When it will be finished it will be more useful than that and easier and I don't know if they will even let you use this for CCJam because it is kind of cheating not to know anything about programming and winning a programming competition with a program that isn't yours.
CCGrimHaxor #10
Posted 16 June 2014 - 06:24 PM
#WindowBuilder.
Yup

Download it and you will see how fake it is.
And the editor is ment to be as close to Sublime Text 2 and notepad++ as possible + the tree view is for programming the use of the text editor is just in case!

About the tab pannel thing I will add it to "planned features" section
apemanzilla #11
Posted 16 June 2014 - 09:50 PM
If it's meant to be close to Sublime Text or NPP, I might as well stick with one of them.
TheOddByte #12
Posted 16 June 2014 - 09:55 PM
Just a suggestion when posting images from imgur, there is a BBCode link to the right you can use when posting it here, makes it easier for all of us :P/>
CCGrimHaxor #13
Posted 17 June 2014 - 08:46 AM
Just a suggestion when posting images from imgur, there is a BBCode link to the right you can use when posting it here, makes it easier for all of us :P/>/>
Thanks I will add it

If it's meant to be close to Sublime Text or NPP, I might as well stick with one of them.
The code editor is meant to be as close as possible and if you attend to only use the program for the code editor I recommend getting the sublime text or npp because the program is made for less use of the code editor because it does everything for you
Geforce Fan #14
Posted 17 June 2014 - 08:59 AM
at first I thought this was going to be something that would like tell you what function is being ran and what returns, and I thought that'd be cool but then it's just an IDE. Why not just use sublime text 2?
amtra5 #15
Posted 17 June 2014 - 11:18 AM
*cough*BlocklyLua*cough*
CCGrimHaxor #16
Posted 17 June 2014 - 01:40 PM
at first I thought this was going to be something that would like tell you what function is being ran and what returns, and I thought that'd be cool but then it's just an IDE. Why not just use sublime text 2?

Added to the "Planned features" section
AlkamlBan #17
Posted 08 July 2014 - 10:33 AM
Game Program Maker in CC?
CCGrimHaxor #18
Posted 08 July 2014 - 12:50 PM
Game Program Maker in CC?

Yes
AlkamlBan #19
Posted 08 July 2014 - 04:37 PM

COOL!
But it is REALLY HARD. Even GM needs a bit of code to work properly, which kind of annoys me but it still is feasible. So you should probably make and api for people who want to make the programs but can't find an already made such action but still don't want to use traditional code.

Also what do you mean by "learn the english grammer already"?
Edited on 08 July 2014 - 02:39 PM
CCGrimHaxor #20
Posted 08 July 2014 - 07:24 PM

COOL!
But it is REALLY HARD. Even GM needs a bit of code to work properly, which kind of annoys me but it still is feasible. So you should probably make and api for people who want to make the programs but can't find an already made such action but still don't want to use traditional code.

Thanks and I thought it would be easy but was delayd since a massive bug with if statments.
My english sucks and every word must be spelled correctly to the final release
AlkamlBan #21
Posted 08 July 2014 - 08:25 PM

COOL!

Thanks and I thought it would be easy but was delayd since a massive bug with if statments.
My english sucks and every word must be spelled correctly to the final release

Ok I understand, I just thought that it had to do with the programs code :D/> . Can't wait for its release so I can finally play Katawa Shoujo :wub:/>