This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
Ac1ddr0p's profile picture

Computer Restore (sort of)

Started by Ac1ddr0p, 18 June 2014 - 04:43 PM
Ac1ddr0p #1
Posted 18 June 2014 - 06:43 PM
This file when run will remove files that are normally made while making an Operating System, I know no one wants to remove their OS but if anyone wants to start from fresh for example, use this! This work on both Advanced and normal Computers (also on Turtles).
This is compatible with LabyOS (because that's what OS I have Installed and didn't want it any more because I had learnt all I could from it) this removes: Startup, LabyOS(folder), shutdown, reboot, CraftOS(folder).

Uses fs.exists and fs.delete so works without bugs, has been tested many times on different computers, I plan to make things much better than this (because I guess this is the last thing people want to use sometimes ;)/> )

download on computer:

pastebin get 8XG0cKP2

file on pastebin.com:

http://pastebin.com/vfEDKx2

This is my first uploaded file so please tell me what I could do better instead of commenting Insults (insults won't get either of us anywhere will they?) So yeah, there you go! Anything you want just ask in the comments!

Changes for latest update:

- Given a Mac OS X sort of look (Grey background, Blue progress bar)
- Extra information in file (As a comment at the top when editing the file)
- rewrote what is printed and slowPrinted when the file is running
- Fixed fs.exists(" bug, put Shell in it's place ;)/>
- Fixed another bug I found (Graphics being misplaced if something has already been deleted)

–[[
in all honesty it looks like a new program altogether! If you want edit the file in any way go ahead, if you re-upload it please mention
that it was built off something I had originally made please!
–]]
Edited on 19 June 2014 - 03:10 PM
Agent Silence #2
Posted 18 June 2014 - 07:33 PM
If you had access to the shell, you could just use "rm *"
TheOddByte #3
Posted 18 June 2014 - 10:01 PM
While looking at your code it seems that you have an error

if fs.exists("
and haven't you heard of fs.list? :P/>
Ac1ddr0p #4
Posted 19 June 2014 - 04:38 PM
I've never used "rm*" sorry, and the program works fine with me, maybe because I'm used to making things for only me I've only just started thinking about what other people would like, i'll get on with using fs.list and hopefully fix this sometime in the future. Come to think of it i'm coding something new right now!

ah right yes, sorry TheOddByte! I supposed to put something in it but by the looks of it I never did, ill fix this right now
YoYoYonnY #5
Posted 22 June 2014 - 09:31 PM
*Not yet fixed
Geforce Fan #6
Posted 29 June 2014 - 09:35 PM
Why?
I thought this was something cool that would restore your previous session when I looked at the title…