This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
xuma202's profile picture

[IDEA] Buildcraft Scanning Pipe

Started by xuma202, 01 June 2012 - 11:39 AM
xuma202 #1
Posted 01 June 2012 - 01:39 PM
Hi,

I'd like to suggest a Peripheral that adds a Buildcraft compatible pipe to the game. You would be able to get information about which stacks of item are currently passing the pipe. This would allow you to a) create a log :)/>/> Sort items

I was thinking about this because I had the idea of creating a huge Stock in a SMP server where some friends and me play. When there would be this pipe we could log who inserts which items and how many of them into the Stock. So that he/she can later only take out those many items he/she inserted (maybe also public items)

I guess you'll even have better ideas. Please post them here and take part in the survey.

If you want to create this peripheral do so. But please put a hint in this tread or send me a PM.

xuma202
Xfel #2
Posted 01 June 2012 - 01:50 PM
That peripheral doesn't need to be created. You can get that functionality using the advanced resource processing peripheral mod. It doesn't contain a pipe that can do it, but you can run your pipe through the digital allocator and you will get an event for each item passing through. I originaly planned to use a pipe, but coding a pipe that is a peripheral too is far too complicated.
xuma202 #3
Posted 01 June 2012 - 02:03 PM
Oh. Didn't knew that. And I can even find out which Item passed through. Thanks I'll try this now.