This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
Mr. Bateman's profile picture

EasyDev

Started by Mr. Bateman, 26 June 2014 - 12:59 PM
Mr. Bateman #1
Posted 26 June 2014 - 02:59 PM
Ever wanted to hack like the people in movies just by typing really fast? Well now you can, and instead of hacking, you make CC programs!

Inspired by this website.

This game reads random files from /rom/apis and /rom/programs, and when you mash your keyboard, it prints them out sequentially. Like a fast textutils.slowPrint().
You can quit by pressing ESC. Enter skips to the next file.
I've put in anti-repetition measures, so you won't get the same file for a while until you go through the entire list.

Features to come:
Proper horizontal scrolling when typing a line that's longer than the width of the screen
Better coloring of the text, so it looks like LuaIDE instead of just constant green. It uses snippets of code from the edit file since I tried to implement it myself, but it's in there now.
Backspacing and deleting instead of just ignoring the key

pastebin get txcNE6y6 easydev

Note: If you want to type faster or slower, you can pass an argument to the program.
This number will dictate how many characters you will type at a time, so if I did "easydev 160" it would print 160 characters everytime I pressed a key.
Edited on 27 June 2014 - 04:20 AM
Saldor010 #2
Posted 26 June 2014 - 07:36 PM
This is awesome! Now you just need to make a real hacking game! :P/>
Edited on 26 June 2014 - 05:36 PM
syfygirl #3
Posted 26 June 2014 - 07:55 PM
really cool
Mr. Bateman #4
Posted 27 June 2014 - 06:20 AM
New update: It can now properly color code.
Geforce Fan #5
Posted 30 June 2014 - 07:37 AM
Here's a suggestion: You could make a 2nd arg that lets the user define what program to do. If they didn't define anything you could just do what you do now.
Edited on 30 June 2014 - 05:38 AM