This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
Beeskee's profile picture

Recommended OSes for CC 1.53?

Started by Beeskee, 30 June 2014 - 06:56 AM
Beeskee #1
Posted 30 June 2014 - 08:56 AM
I'm setting up a testing area for CC operating systems, which may lead to a small museum of OSes if I get enough. The list is intimidating, though. :D/> Does anyone have any recommendations for operating systems? The only catch is, this is in FTB Unleashed, so I'm limited to ComputerCraft 1.53, Minecraft 1.5.2. I've tried PearOs and OneOs already, and I'd like to get a lot more. I'd like to package up the whole world for download at some point too.

I'd appreciate any suggestions. :)/>

(More pics here. I can't embed or attach them)

Edited on 03 July 2014 - 09:54 AM
Win7yes #2
Posted 30 June 2014 - 03:25 PM
What version is the Minecraft executable of FTB Unleashed? If its 1.6.4 you can update manually to CC 1.63 by installing it like you would normally install it on Minecraft (Find the folder where you installed FTB Unleashed, go to the Mods Folder, install CC)
Beeskee #3
Posted 30 June 2014 - 04:02 PM
Minecraft 1.5.2, unfortunately.
awsmazinggenius #4
Posted 30 June 2014 - 10:59 PM
Why not use the latest recommended FTB pack?
Beeskee #5
Posted 01 July 2014 - 01:56 AM
Eventually I will, but not today. I lost my super awesome Tekkit classic world before it's time due to some technical issue. Even the almighty power of Money was helpless. So I'm not leaving this world until I am good and darned ready. :D/>

In the meantime, I'm setting up a little museum thing with computers pre-loaded with apps and OSes for cc 1.53. It's just a few versions ago, so most things should still work. I'm hoping this world will be a nice little slice of what is/was possible in the modpack. I have nearly everything built, except a computercraft network. I build and use the mining turtles for mining, but haven't ever done much more than set up a few test computers with things like cciri and such. :)/>

Are there any OSes any of you would recommend for inclusion, for cc 1.53 or earlier?

Your Favorite OS Here! :D/> Well, this is the test center. The actual museum will be an even nicer building made out of quarried stone, but will be similar to this. But you get the idea. :)/>

I did check FTB Monster as a test platform, even that is CC 1.58, and updating that is not as simple as replacing the file, I tried. :D/> Anyone know of any modpacks with a more recent version of computercraft? Tekkit is also on 1.58. Nobody using FTB or Tekkit has pocket computers or multitasking yet. :D/>
Edited on 01 July 2014 - 09:39 AM
Geforce Fan #6
Posted 01 July 2014 - 05:14 AM
not sure why you want this. try lyqydos.
oeed #7
Posted 04 July 2014 - 06:20 AM
CraftBang is also quite nice.
Beeskee #8
Posted 06 July 2014 - 05:34 AM
Those are both pretty cool, thank you. :)/>
CCNerd a.k.a CCNoob #9
Posted 15 July 2014 - 08:38 AM
OneOS?