This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
Cranium's profile picture

SmartPaste Lite is RELEASED!

Started by Cranium, 05 July 2014 - 05:57 AM
Cranium #1
Posted 05 July 2014 - 07:57 AM
Introducing SmartPaste

Your solution to managing your Pastebin list while you are logged into Minecraft. SmartPaste allows you to log into Pastebin remotely, and allows you to retrieve your own pastes without having to copy over those annoying url codes. This program will do that for you.
Features:
  • Add files to your Pastebin account
  • Download from your personal list, including your private and unlisted posts
Changelog:
2.1 Update:
  • Added optional command line interface. Allowing for use with turtles, and non-advanced computers. This also gives a faster way to download files, and brings the feature of uploading to your own account to the rest of the world.
  • Usage:
    • smartpaste <get> <pastebin code> <save file>
    • smartpaste <put> <filename> [username]
    • Required: < >
    • Optional: [ ]
2.0 Full Release:
  • Completed integration to Firewolf. Huge thanks to 1Lann and Gravityscore for all of their help in making this work!
2.0 PR2:
  • Fixed minimenu issue with scrolling using keys.
  • Cleared error with SP hanging after entering invalid paste code while logged in.
2.0 PR1:
  • Updated and sexy GUI!
  • Automatic integration with Firewolf (upcoming in full release)
  • New options to upload your pastes. You can now select syntax highlighting, paste expiration, and whether your post will be public, private, or unlisted.
  • A cryptic secret. See if you can find it!
This is a prelease, and as such, some features may not work. The main issue we have right now, is integration with Firewolf. The GUI is not working the way I want it while it is installed as a website within Firewolf, but all other features work as intended.

I will keep a proper list of bugs on my GitHub.
You can also monitor the development of Smartpaste.

Try it out for yourself:
GitHub
Pastebin

Screenshots:
SpoilerAll images: http://imgur.com/a/hTBU5

SmartPaste Lite:
[media]http://youtu.be/nipmLgai76M[/media]

Because the forum software is derp, I had to recreate this topic from scratch, because things weren't working right with it.
Edited on 24 March 2015 - 01:30 PM
Zudo #2
Posted 05 July 2014 - 10:08 AM
Kewl. Yeah, this is really useful! :D/>
Edited on 05 July 2014 - 08:08 AM
Geforce Fan #3
Posted 09 July 2014 - 12:50 AM
I like the normal smartpaste better. The UI is quite nice(although not done very efficiently)
Cranium #4
Posted 09 July 2014 - 01:04 AM
I would have liked to do the GUI better, but alas, my poor programming skills are not up to snuff.
Geforce Fan #5
Posted 09 July 2014 - 01:09 AM
check out how I did it in Sapphari(in my siggy). You can simply do it with math and sometimes even by setting background colors and printing spaces.
timia2109 #6
Posted 09 July 2014 - 09:49 AM
I love it. Well features and a very nice UI!
Lego Stax #7
Posted 14 September 2014 - 02:44 AM
Very helpful. Yay! Now I don't have to head on over to Pastebin to upload something!
nitrogenfingers #8
Posted 14 September 2014 - 09:46 AM
How did I miss this first time around? +1. Awesome man, thanks so much!
Cranium #9
Posted 15 September 2014 - 04:53 PM
Ah, thanks, guys. Glad you like it!
cdel #10
Posted 18 September 2014 - 11:56 AM
was the uploading done using pastebins standard apis?
Cranium #11
Posted 18 September 2014 - 04:56 PM
Indeed it was.
Lego Stax #12
Posted 20 September 2014 - 04:24 PM
Again, amazing and easy-to-use program! However, I still like the previous one too:
SpoilerFound it!
:lol:/>
Edited on 20 September 2014 - 09:32 PM
Cranium #13
Posted 20 September 2014 - 05:36 PM
Again, amazing and easy-to-use program! However, I still like the previous one too:
SpoilerFound it!
[attachment=1875:SmartPaste.png]
Haha, you're one of the few people to actually find that. Nice job!
Lego Stax #14
Posted 20 September 2014 - 11:25 PM
SpoilerFound it!
[attachment=1875:SmartPaste.png]
Haha, you're one of the few people to actually find that. Nice job!

Yay! Thanks, but now it's public, if anyone bothers to read it. :P/> It was just a matter of reading the code. And because of my laziness, I just called the unlock() function.
nitrogenfingers #15
Posted 09 October 2014 - 08:50 AM
A feature I'd really liked to see added to this program is the ability to update pastes as well as simply adding new ones. I don't know if that's possible with the smartpaste API but it would save the trouble of updating paste codes for all projects (especially useful if you use installers or have a lot of dependencies), or don't want to continue cluttering your profile.
Cranium #16
Posted 09 October 2014 - 08:52 PM
A feature I'd really liked to see added to this program is the ability to update pastes as well as simply adding new ones. I don't know if that's possible with the smartpaste API but it would save the trouble of updating paste codes for all projects (especially useful if you use installers or have a lot of dependencies), or don't want to continue cluttering your profile.
Well, I would like that as well, but unfortunately, pastebin's API doesn't have an option for updating existing pastes. Only deleting or uploading. So this is about as much as I could do, really…
wieselkatze #17
Posted 14 October 2014 - 09:24 PM
You know what would be nice? Favourite pastes. - So that you could save pastes from e.g. guests or other 'pasters'. Maybe let the program create a paste with all the pastebin-IDs in it, so that other instances also could read out the favourites.
That could possibly be done with a specific paste name which the program knows and uses for every account.
I'll leave the rest up to you - I just noticed it by rewriting my ingame editor with pastebin functionality - there's something big coming :)/>
Creator #18
Posted 08 March 2015 - 08:56 PM
WOW really nice and usefull, which emulator are you using?