This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
TheJebForge's profile picture

ForgeOS v1 - New Fancy OS [Deleted]

Started by TheJebForge, 07 July 2014 - 08:26 PM
TheJebForge #1
Posted 07 July 2014 - 10:26 PM
=========================

DELETED!!!

Im developing an OS now! (Out of Names)

=========================
Edited on 10 July 2014 - 11:17 AM
Saldor010 #2
Posted 08 July 2014 - 01:03 AM
Dude, fake loading screens aren't cool. I wasted about 15 seconds of my life waiting for this Operating System to load. Once I got to the Operating System, I couldn't really find anything to do. I could edit the GUI (which all it really did was open up a file using "edit"), and I could download something from pastebin. I also hate how Operating Systems such as yours and NinOS use little icons to indicate the reboot/shutdown buttons. </rant> For first time users to your OS (like me), it can be very confusing.

EDIT: I see that you've created around 3 other Operating Systems. You have potential and skill. If you just put your time and effort into 1 operating system, you could probably make the next OneOS.
Edited on 07 July 2014 - 11:06 PM
Geforce Fan #3
Posted 08 July 2014 - 06:06 AM
Dude, fake loading screens aren't cool. I wasted about 15 seconds of my life waiting for this Operating System to load. Once I got to the Operating System, I couldn't really find anything to do. I could edit the GUI (which all it really did was open up a file using "edit"), and I could download something from pastebin. I also hate how Operating Systems such as yours and NinOS use little icons to indicate the reboot/shutdown buttons. </rant> For first time users to your OS (like me), it can be very confusing.

EDIT: I see that you've created around 3 other Operating Systems. You have potential and skill. If you just put your time and effort into 1 operating system, you could probably make the next OneOS.
actually he's made 4 OSes, each one is basically the same thing. My advice is to wait until you learn coroutines, metatables, setfenv, and getfenv then try to make an OS. To be honest, weather this sounds nice or not, right now he clearly doesn't have the skill to make an OS, although he certainly has the potential after he's fiddled around with Lua and made several programs.
TheJebForge #4
Posted 09 July 2014 - 09:02 PM

actually he's made 4 OSes, each one is basically the same thing. My advice is to wait until you learn coroutines, metatables, setfenv, and getfenv then try to make an OS. To be honest, weather this sounds nice or not, right now he clearly doesn't have the skill to make an OS, although he certainly has the potential after he's fiddled around with Lua and made several programs.
Just wait! Soon that OS will be the BEST OS in computercraft!
I've deleted all my old OSes and i'll place all my time into that OS!
Blue #5
Posted 10 July 2014 - 05:58 PM

Just wait! Soon that OS will be the BEST OS in computercraft!
I've deleted all my old OSes and i'll place all my time into that OS!
It's going to be hard to make it better than OneOS…
Lyqyd #6
Posted 10 July 2014 - 06:41 PM
Locked.