This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
tattyseal's profile picture

How to add new programs into ComputerCraft

Started by tattyseal, 12 July 2014 - 08:46 PM
tattyseal #1
Posted 12 July 2014 - 10:46 PM
Anyone that is wondering, look here
Edited on 21 July 2014 - 04:25 PM
theoriginalbit #2
Posted 13 July 2014 - 03:20 AM
@tattyseal you'll have to make a resource mount, either with dan200.computercraft.api.filesystem.IMount.java or dan200.computercraft.api.filesystem.IWritableMount.java though chances are you'll not want to make it writeable. there is an alternative method, which is providing a resourcepack, which I have done in the interim with MoarPeripherals until I can get my mounting system working — well even a basic mounting system working would be nice, and I can't even get that working.
Lyqyd #3
Posted 13 July 2014 - 06:22 AM
I cleaned up some blatantly incorrect replies. Remember, lots of things are possible with modding. Let's try to not steer people down the wrong path by saying that there's only one (incorrect) way to do something.
tattyseal #4
Posted 13 July 2014 - 12:19 PM
@tattyseal you'll have to make a resource mount, either with dan200.computercraft.api.filesystem.IMount.java or dan200.computercraft.api.filesystem.IWritableMount.java though chances are you'll not want to make it writeable. there is an alternative method, which is providing a resourcepack, which I have done in the interim with MoarPeripherals until I can get my mounting system working — well even a basic mounting system working would be nice, and I can't even get that working.

Thanks I will do a resource pack till I get that working too ;)/>
theoriginalbit #5
Posted 13 July 2014 - 12:31 PM
if you'd like an example of a resource pack layout, take a look here. You'd put those files into a zip. It should also be noted that anything you add before the `rom` folder won't be mounted, however anything added after `rom` will be mounted to the computer; you can even create new folders. Also be aware to not accidentally override any of ComputerCraft's files.