This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
hilburn's profile picture

Mystcraft Page Trader (OpenPeripherals)

Started by hilburn, 14 July 2014 - 12:31 AM
hilburn #1
Posted 14 July 2014 - 02:31 AM
Mystcraft farm

Step 1 - Set up farm
Step 2 - Install
Step 3 - Profit

Farm

Bit of an explanation is required here: Computer is connected to chest and Trading Post as peripherals, doesn't matter how, here I have placed it next to the chest and used a wired modem for the trading post but you can do it however you like. JABBA barrel adjacent to chest stores emeralds. EnderIO/Itemducts pull from chest into filing cabinets, whitelist mystcraft pages or blacklist emeralds, doesn't matter which.
Now we need a supply of villagers. Best way to do this is a MFR Auto-Spawner to produce them, I won't bother showing that. You could also use a vanilla sex house if you wanted.
But wait! what about the emeralds? to fully trade for every mystcraft page you need approximately 50 stacks of emeralds (changes based on modpack) there's no way you can mine all of that. The good news is that you can turn villagers into emeralds quite easily.

Method 1. - Tinker's Construct

Drop the villagers into a Tinkers Construct Smeltery (don't use the potion crystal for this)

A quick explanation of the parts:
  • Smeltery - contains a single ingots worth of molten gold - prevents alloying
  • Second computer sits in front of drain (allows interface with smeltery liquid contents) - programmed to output redstone high left when smeltery contains liquid emerald. Can also use a Gold or higher AND gate, but computers are cheaper and obtainable earlier in the game.
  • Left of computer is a liquiduct pumping Gold on Redstone High
  • Casting Table is fed by liquiduct pumping Emerald
  • Fluid Void pipe fed by liquiduct pumping Blood (not strictly necessary, but I did have a chicken spawn in there which broke it once without this)
  • The reason this works is that smelteries produce a small amount of liquid emerald when villagers are damaged in them, villagers are damaged when they come into contact with molten metal in a smeltery, the gold fluiduct allows the emerald to be pumped out
  • Emerald per villager can be increased by using a Magenta Cave Crystal to extend their lives, they will die eventually. A Magenta Potion Crystal will keep them alive for as long as you are near enough to activate it and an effective way of just farming emeralds.
Method 2. - Ars Magica 2

Using a Caster supplied with sufficient Nexus Power and casting AoE - Forge

This is a more efficient method of conversion, producing a whole emerald per villager, but does require more infrastructure to support it.

Installation

Should be pretty hassle-free, I recommend saving it to startup

pastebin get gJANwBWq <name>

Note - Modify line 8 with relevant direction changes if using something other than a Barrel to the North

Profit

It should take roughly 6 hours to trade for every page available if you have sufficient emeralds, this increases to up to 24 if you are farming emeralds as you go. For this reason I suggest setting up the emerald farm first while you prepare resources for the trading station. Using a potion crystal means you don't even need large quantities of mob essence for the spawner, on SMP I even used a golden lasso to dump 5 natural villagers in there while I gathered resources/prepared infrastructure for the spawner.

Note

The system uses a list of Mystcraft pages I compiled as available in a modified version of the Monster pack, while I think this covers most pages available (311) it is possible it might throw an error if it encounters an unexpected page. Changing Line 52 from

if rawName == "item.myst.page" and (sold == "Link Panel" or pages[sold] == false) then
to

if rawName == "item.myst.page" and (sold == "Link Panel" or pages[sold] ~= true) then
Should fix this, but I haven't tested it
natedogith1 #2
Posted 28 August 2014 - 09:41 PM
Does extrautils add the trading post as a peripheral, or is that another mod?
lifeseeker128 #3
Posted 01 September 2014 - 06:55 AM
I've been trying to make this build work for a little while, but I keep getting this one error about line 47 when I try to run the program, as is: "startup: 47: Attempt to call nil". I've taken a look around for the method called by trade (aka the trading post) on the line in question, but the method doesn't seem to exist. When I try print(textutils.serialize(peripheral.getMethods(j)) within the program to see what's really there, there's only listMethods() and getAdvancedMethodData() listed for the trading post and getVillagerIds() doesn't exist for my version of the trading post. Would someone be bothered to trouble shoot this with me? I find it's an interesting build concept and would hate to go back to manually trading…

PS: I'm currently using the latest version of the Yogscast Complete Pack on the ATLauncher for this build. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

EDIT: I've attempted running the program again, but now the Trading Post won't even be recognized as a peripheral and the modem on it won't light when right-clicked.
Edited on 03 September 2014 - 02:18 AM
epicman #4
Posted 20 February 2015 - 09:09 PM
Hello,

I know its been a while since this was posted but I just try this myself and I couldn't make it work. I am using FTB infnity 1.1.0 at the moment, does anyone know how this can work?