This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
stuart6854's profile picture

Branch Miner - Comes with 'Auto Lava Refuel'

Started by stuart6854, 02 August 2014 - 03:17 PM
stuart6854 #1
Posted 02 August 2014 - 05:17 PM
Branch Miner

Features:
-Comes with program that gets its self ready
-Auto Lava Refuel (if lava is in its path)
-Automatically Deposits items to chest if almost full
-Will place torches its self and automatically get torches from a chest
-Walkway tunnel is only 1 block wide to reduce amount of stone dug

Setup:
Place 'Mining Turtle' on any level, i suggest level 12 or below to have a chance of getting a lava refuel, type these commands into the turtle after each other:

pastebin get S5T3qnjs BMSetup
pastebin get 5FAaCcPG BMMine
Now place two chests in Inventory Slot 15, a single chest in slot 14 and enough fuel in slot 16. Now Run 'BMSetup'(without Quotes of course) and let it do its thing.
Once done place a empty bucket in slot 14, A stack of torches in slot 15and a stack of blocks in slot 16(slot 16 will soon hold fuel).
Now run 'BMMine' and type in how many branches you want.

You can put torches in the chest to the left of the double chest for the turtle.

Picture of Setup

Finally…

Please report any bug's or errors to me on this thread.
Also, i would love to here any suggestions.

Planned Features
-Allow user to choose how many blocks in between each branch to leave.
-Allow user to choose how many blocks long each branch should be.
-Implement Auto-Refuel(i.e. return to another chest to grab fuel)
Edited on 03 August 2014 - 09:36 AM
stuart6854 #2
Posted 07 August 2014 - 12:51 AM
Anyone tried it?
If so please tell me what you think and (if any) give your suggestions whether code or features :)/>

Thanks
ProtoJazz #3
Posted 11 August 2014 - 04:21 AM
I really like the way this sounds, but whenever I try to run setup I get "Not enough fuel to run program!" When Ive placed a full stack of coal in each slot, Im not really sure how getFuel works, but maybe its not consuming the fuel?
I really want to use this, any help?
stuart6854 #4
Posted 11 August 2014 - 10:47 AM
I really like the way this sounds, but whenever I try to run setup I get "Not enough fuel to run program!" When Ive placed a full stack of coal in each slot, Im not really sure how getFuel works, but maybe its not consuming the fuel?
I really want to use this, any help?

Thanks for the posting i will take a look and get back to you as soon as possible.

@ProtoJazz

'Setup' program has been updated.
-Program will now consume fuel before running fuel check
-I also while testing this found that when i added a feature a few day earlier it wouldn't actually work(Naughty me for not testing :(/>/> ).Well, that's fixed

Hopefully that's it. Thanks for telling me.
ProtoJazz #5
Posted 11 August 2014 - 06:39 PM
Aright, Ive gotten it to work mostly, Ive noticed a few bugs.

The setup script has a capitialization issue on line 59, once thats fixed it seems to work.

The turtle places torches fine on the branches, but when it places them on the main path it puts them on the block in front of it, and then mines it.

And it seems to have problems with its inventory. It doesnt place things in the chest, just leaves them in a pile nearby, then a trail of them into the mine again.
stuart6854 #6
Posted 12 August 2014 - 12:45 AM
Thank you so much.

Change Log:

Setup
-Fixed Capitalization issue on line 59
Mining
-(May have)Fixed issue where turtle places torch on block that it will destroy
-Replaced code that got the turtle back to chests with some Test Code that may or may not work.

I am not able to test these changes at the moment, sorry if they don't fix the issues.
Edited on 11 August 2014 - 10:46 PM
ProtoJazz #7
Posted 12 August 2014 - 06:59 PM
It runs, But doesnt seem to fix either issue yet. It seems closer, as Items are now dropped on top of the chest, instead of in a pile nearby.
Still mines the torches, and then also has an issue with running out of torches, and starting placing stone instead. He puts the chest (for torches I think?) inside the double chest
Maybe Im just not using it right
stuart6854 #8
Posted 12 August 2014 - 08:45 PM
Thanks Proto,

I dunno whats wrong, it works fine in my FTB world. Try this pastebin 'Mine' version: ZpaJGmWL

I may have just mixed up my working version and older version.
Anon10W1z #9
Posted 15 August 2014 - 06:17 PM
Nice, will test this!
stuart6854 #10
Posted 15 August 2014 - 08:25 PM
Nice, will test this!

Thanks, can't really test the last few changes as my FTB Client is having major lag spike issues :(/>