This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
acepilot1122's profile picture

just a few suggestions

Started by acepilot1122, 06 August 2014 - 11:47 PM
acepilot1122 #1
Posted 07 August 2014 - 01:47 AM
so ive been scrolling through the wiki (since ive not used CC in a while) and ive noticed a few things on there that have given me ideas… my first idea is some kind of 'usb connectivity' for pocket computers. you could do this either with a new block, or you could put it into the disk drive and then can copy files over to it… another Idea I have is some kind of speaker peripheral (similar to the modem). this could have a few different sounds built in (such as sine wave, square wave, 8bit drum, etc.) and the command for it could be along the lines of speaker.sound <wave type> <note in relation to noteblocks> <duration in ticks>. for example 'speaker.sound,2,9,4' . I also think that some kind of hard drive block could be implemented. maybe it could be used with advanced computers as a way of protecting data, since anything that gets deleted can be recovered with a real hard drive. it could also be used for 'servers' with some kind of email system or something? speaking of which, a way to write 'protocols' could be cool… sorry if any of these are already in the game or a bit stupid… last time I used CC was before the new launcher for minecraft, mainly because im hopeless at installing mods… ive attached some possible crafting recipes to it :P/> [attachment=1840:craftingCC.png]
Edited on 07 August 2014 - 04:57 PM
theoriginalbit #2
Posted 07 August 2014 - 01:50 AM
You can place pocket computers in disk drives, and Rednet does support protocols now.
acepilot1122 #3
Posted 07 August 2014 - 01:52 AM
oh… well I feel dumb now… I didn't see it mentioned on the wiki though… maybe im just blind :P/>
theoriginalbit #4
Posted 07 August 2014 - 02:22 AM
Changelog
ComputerCraft 1.6 Changelog said:
Added hostnames, protocols and long distance routing to the rednet API.

As for the disk drive thing, I will admit it's not on the wiki, but it is in various places around these forums.
acepilot1122 #5
Posted 07 August 2014 - 06:56 PM
that's why then… ive only been looking on the wiki :P/> im gonna make some edits to my original post…
MKlegoman357 #6
Posted 08 August 2014 - 08:49 AM
Actualy, on the Disk Drive's page (on the wiki) it is mentioned that you can use PDAs as disks, but it isn't mentioned on the PDA page though.
acepilot1122 #7
Posted 08 August 2014 - 06:21 PM
fair enough :P/>