This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
The_Coder_2's profile picture

[MC 1.6.4][CC 1.63] Anti-Virus!

Started by The_Coder_2, 11 August 2014 - 03:24 AM
The_Coder_2 #1
Posted 11 August 2014 - 05:24 AM
-The Ultimate Safety What A Computer Needs-

This is something you probably got on your computer before and you are looking at it because you have A Virus! This A Feature A Computer Needs, A Anti-Virus. Please Report Bugs So I Can Fix Them Right Away :D/>.

-How Does It Work?-

Of course you going to ask that! Really Simple! You Download It On To A Disk. You May Ask Why A Disk. Because The Virus Can Corrupt That Program! It Deletes The Virus COMPLETLY.

-Download-
Edited on 14 August 2014 - 01:21 AM
Lyqyd #2
Posted 11 August 2014 - 05:27 AM
This doesn't really do anything except print some stuff to the screen. Locked.

If you have some code to post that actually does something, report this topic and we can unlock it for you.

Unlocked so better code may be posted.
Edited on 11 August 2014 - 04:06 PM
The_Coder_2 #3
Posted 11 August 2014 - 06:23 PM
This doesn't really do anything except print some stuff to the screen. Locked.

If you have some code to post that actually does something, report this topic and we can unlock it for you.

Unlocked so better code may be posted.
Unlocked :D/>/>

Thank You Guys For 100 Downloads!
flaghacker #4
Posted 11 August 2014 - 11:04 PM
You forgot a quote at line 8, please don't post untested code. I recommend uploading your code to pastebin so people can download it directly in-game.

There's an issue with this program: Let's say I have a startup virus and I run your program. It deletes the virus and copies itself to the startup file and reboots the computer. The anti-virus runs again, says "Why are you running this?" and reboots again, making this anti-virus … a startup virus.

EDIT: Polls are useless and there's no way to give a negative vote.
Edited on 11 August 2014 - 09:06 PM
The_Coder_2 #5
Posted 14 August 2014 - 03:06 AM
You forgot a quote at line 8, please don't post untested code. I recommend uploading your code to pastebin so people can download it directly in-game.

There's an issue with this program: Let's say I have a startup virus and I run your program. It deletes the virus and copies itself to the startup file and reboots the computer. The anti-virus runs again, says "Why are you running this?" and reboots again, making this anti-virus … a startup virus.

EDIT: Polls are useless and there's no way to give a negative vote.
This Was Tested. Worked Fine For Me. But Ill Test Again. And I DOnt Care What You Think Of Polls
The_Coder_2 #6
Posted 14 August 2014 - 03:23 AM
Also I Dont Remember The In Game Download Thing XD.
Edited on 14 August 2014 - 01:25 AM
techno156 #7
Posted 14 August 2014 - 03:41 AM
It's the pastebin get <pastebinCode> <destination> thing. :)/>

Wouldn't it be pointless to write to a disc, if it's already on a disc? (Just thinking…)
MCComputer001 #8
Posted 14 August 2014 - 02:59 PM
Hey I WANT my Program Back. I Had My Rights! Its Not Fair. I made It So Why Don't I have My Name On IT!
Lyqyd #9
Posted 14 August 2014 - 03:28 PM
Because that account is you, you're just trying to evade the mod preview. I sent you a PM explaining this on your other account. Stick to that account and wait it out. If you can't handle playing by the rules, you will have to be removed.
biggest yikes #10
Posted 24 September 2014 - 12:29 AM
Hey I WANT my Program Back. I Had My Rights! Its Not Fair. I made It So Why Don't I have My Name On IT!
That's your only cc forums post.. It's either not yours or I just made a complete fool out of myself
EDIT: Also, this program is very very simple, and I don't think people can really claim it because most people have made this exact thing (although maybe not as much as a bane to pedants)

//A different topic I wanted to say to the OP
The file given in the zip is different then the one stated in the file:
Spoiler
Also, "fs.copy(disk/Anti-Virus","startup")" is incorrect, it's "fs.copy("disk/Anti-Virus","startup")"
You should actually test it..Earlier you said it was tested and worked..
Spoiler
Edited on 23 September 2014 - 10:46 PM
Lyqyd #11
Posted 24 September 2014 - 01:14 AM
That's your only cc forums post.. It's either not yours or I just made a complete fool out of myself

The second one. You didn't read my post immediately above yours–the two accounts are the same person.
biggest yikes #12
Posted 24 September 2014 - 07:04 PM

The second one. You didn't read my post immediately above yours–the two accounts are the same person.
Oh. My apologies.