This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
Lupus590's profile picture

Tool durability and turtles

Started by Lupus590, 20 August 2014 - 11:49 PM
Lupus590 #1
Posted 21 August 2014 - 01:49 AM
i have mixed feelings about turtles using durability on tools, but if CC was to implement this then could i ask that turtles be able to use other material level tools (i.e. turltes can use wood, stone, iron, and gold tools along with the existing diamond ones) obviously the lower tier tools should have less durability than diamond and restrictions on what they can mine (if the turtle digs something above it's current tier then the turtle.dig function will return false and the block won't be mined)
theoriginalbit #2
Posted 21 August 2014 - 01:58 AM
this has been asked several times before, and it has always been said that this is the plan. In ComputerCraft 1.6 we saw the change that meant Turtles may now equip and unequip tools as opposed to always having the tool attached, this is the first step towards tool durability.
Lupus590 #3
Posted 23 August 2014 - 01:38 PM
hopefully this will be a config option too (much like how turtle fuel is)

also, do you think it will be possible to add mod tool support? such as the amethyst and mud tools in biome o plenty? or even better tinkers construct (with/out modifiers)?
turtles being able to use enchanted tools would be cool too.

edit: i guess that we should walk before we try to run
Edited on 23 August 2014 - 11:39 AM
theoriginalbit #4
Posted 23 August 2014 - 01:51 PM
it should definitely be possible.

whether or not that's the direction dan200 wants to go with ComputerCraft or not is a different story.
Bomb Bloke #5
Posted 23 August 2014 - 02:02 PM
Once upon a time, tools from some mod or other worked. Think it was RedPower. They couldn't dig diamonds, though, and I think the swords did less damage.
Wojbie #6
Posted 24 August 2014 - 07:18 PM
Once upon a time, tools from some mod or other worked. Think it was RedPower. They couldn't dig diamonds, though, and I think the swords did less damage.
Wasn't that a mod that allowed that?
Bomb Bloke #7
Posted 25 August 2014 - 02:29 AM
I've no idea how it was done.
theoriginalbit #8
Posted 25 August 2014 - 02:33 AM
I do believe it was added through ComputerCraft along with the RP bundled cable support.