This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
Demosthenex's profile picture

Rotarycraft and Computercraft / OpenPeripherals

Started by Demosthenex, 27 August 2014 - 07:48 PM
Demosthenex #1
Posted 27 August 2014 - 09:48 PM
Can anyone help with why Computercraft no longer works with Rotarycraft?

Rotarycraft v25z (final Minecraft 1.6.4 version)
ComputerCraft 1.63
OpenPeriphalsCore 0.4.1

With CC 1.5 I was able to query RoC specific methods on machines (ie: temperature, speed, etc). CC 1.6 only returns generic tank and inventory methods.

Reika's github appears to include all of the CC bindings, and asking Reika he says he didn't see an API change.

What would have changed between CC 1.5 and 1.6 that broke the integration, and does anyone have recommendations to resolve the issue?

Thanks.
Lyqyd #2
Posted 27 August 2014 - 11:26 PM
The API for peripherals definitely changed. If he's made CC peripherals out of his blocks, he will need to update to the newer API. Things got rearranged and the way to make peripherals work is somewhat different now.
Demosthenex #3
Posted 28 August 2014 - 01:36 AM
The API for peripherals definitely changed. If he's made CC peripherals out of his blocks, he will need to update to the newer API. Things got rearranged and the way to make peripherals work is somewhat different now.

I can't say. You could query Rotarycraft and Reactorcraft blocks for additional information in CC 1.5, but no longer in 1.6. I don't think he made them specific peripherals, but he does declare a lua interface. That's why I'm confused, the code is still there but can't be accessed.

https://github.com/ReikaKalseki/RotaryCraft/tree/master/ModInterface/Lua