This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
NineDivinez's profile picture

Errors... Errors everywhere! [NoBug]

Started by NineDivinez, 28 August 2014 - 07:40 AM
NineDivinez #1
Posted 28 August 2014 - 09:40 AM
I have been looking around at what I can do with ComputerCraft and, so far, it seems to be bugging out. I messed around with it myself, got errors at every turn. I expected this, as I was just messing around trying to learn how to work this. Then I started getting serious. I went to some guides on how to do stuff to get actual working programs. I started off with trying to dial a Stargate from Lanteacraft, and it didn't seem to like the coding I got from the video I chose. I moved on to something a little more simple. Password protected doors. I tried using a youtube video as well, but it still wasn't working. I went around google for a while until I came across the wiki with it's own password protected door. I figured this can't possibly fail, but it did. In fact, it came up with the same error as the code for every other coding I've done in here. I doubt it is something wrong with the mod, but I've seen this issue too many times. I have taken code directly from people that clearly worked in videos and this still happens. I'm not sure what to think.

This is what I did to get the password protected door I am trying to do:

edit Lockdown

while true do
term.clear()
term.setCursorPos(1, 1)
print("Please Enter Password:")
input = read("*")
if input == "password" then
  redstone.setOutput("back", true)
  sleep(2)
  redstone.setOutput("back", false)
end
end

This is what I get when I try and run the code:

/Lockdown:2: attempt to index global 'term' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
/Lockdown:2: in main chunk
(…tail calls…)

I probably didn't explain something very well or missed a detail in this post. Please just ask for whatever I may have missed or failed to explain well enough and I shall provide. It is almost 4am and I've been working on this for hours, so I'm a little frustrated and tired. :)/>
Lyqyd #2
Posted 28 August 2014 - 03:28 PM
Those are not errors ComputerCraft would throw. Are you sure you aren't using OpenComputers?
NineDivinez #3
Posted 28 August 2014 - 05:58 PM
Talk about the worlds biggest stupid mistake… Rofl how the hell did this happen??

Aaaaah, I see now. I was looking up Computercraft 1.7.10 when there isn't one available and I guess someone posted OpenComputers under the name of ComputerCraft… Thank you, sir.
Cranium #4
Posted 28 August 2014 - 07:26 PM
Well actually…http://www.computercraft.info/forums2/index.php?/topic/16881-computercraft-16-beta-download-and-discussion-164pr4-released-july-24th/
NineDivinez #5
Posted 29 August 2014 - 08:23 PM

Oooo, thanks. I was going to give up on this goal entirely, but I guess I can keep at it now :D/> Thanks!