This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
acepilot1122's profile picture

Turtle carts

Started by acepilot1122, 18 September 2014 - 02:33 PM
acepilot1122 #1
Posted 18 September 2014 - 04:33 PM
a turtle cart is basically a minecart powered by a turtle. you can do many things with this which would start to integrate computercraft into the game… some ideas I had were: speed (you can set, or get your current speed from the turtle), distance (you can set how far to go/where to stop and get how far you have travelled), time (you can set events to happen based on time, set how long a turtle should run, or not run for, or see how long a turtle has been running for), direction (you can choose weather it should run forwards or backwards). it could be set it to do different things when going over certain types of track, or block, or be set to power the line as it runs over it?… I think it could be a good way of making reliable railways ingame using vanilla stuff, and a little bit of lua :P/> (since most vanilla railways are horribly unreliable due to the lack of control you have) and with additions like this, the mod will slowly begin to merge with the game and become a thing…. the line between the mod and the game will begin to blur I guess :P/> *waits intently for the immediate no it will get*
flaghacker #2
Posted 18 September 2014 - 10:47 PM
This has been suggested before, for example here:
http://www.computercraft.info/forums2/index.php?/topic/15898-turtle-in-a-minecart/
The answer was: "This has been suggested before, and it's not going to happen."
acepilot1122 #3
Posted 20 September 2014 - 09:33 PM
not quite what I was suggesting but oh well… knew this would get a no…