This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
Gellis12's profile picture

Square Farm Turtle

Started by Gellis12, 02 October 2014 - 12:54 PM
Gellis12 #1
Posted 02 October 2014 - 02:54 PM
I noticed that there aren't really any simple, easy to use farm turtle scripts on the forums, so I decided to sit down and write one myself. A short while later, this project was born!

It sends a turtle around in a square that is the size of your choice, harvesting any crops and tilling any soil beneath it, and replanting as it does so.

To install, just run pastebin get 9uyp8z87 farmer in your farming turtle, place the turtle so that it is hovering one block above the ground in the back left of the square area you want to be farmed, and run "farmer <size>" (where 'size' is how long the sides of the farming area are) to harvest and replant your crops!

A side effect of this program is that it can also be used to put new floors into large rooms by running it on a mining turtle instead of a farming turtle, and placing it directly on the ground.

This program is pretty barebones, so you'll have to refuel it yourself, and the program has no idea wether it can finish its harvesting job or not. It will, however, punch mobs out of the way if they happen to wander into your farm area, as they were giving me some trouble when I was testing this.

If anyone finds any bugs or has any suggestions, let me know in the comments and I'll be sure to take a look at them.

I apologize if my wording seems a bit jumbled, it's about 6:50 AM at the time of writing this, and I've been up all night. Time for some sleep. The program is fairly simple, just run it once or twice and it should be fairly clear what it does.

Goodnight everyone, and enjoy!
lare290 #2
Posted 18 December 2014 - 03:09 PM
Could you make it so that you can use it on areas that are not square?
ByteMe #3
Posted 18 December 2014 - 11:57 PM
a nice gui and the ability to do different areas would be great :D/>. Also if the areas could be drawn on screen like a pixel = block. Good so far :D/>