This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
Delta2Force's profile picture

MineOS Alpha 1.0.0

Started by Delta2Force, 03 October 2014 - 03:53 PM
Delta2Force #1
Posted 03 October 2014 - 05:53 PM
Discontinued.
Edited on 05 October 2014 - 12:08 PM
jaredallard #2
Posted 04 October 2014 - 05:18 AM
Features? Screenshots? Anything?

Code:
Havn't tested it but atleast it seems to contain something, but screenshots would be awesome and most likely get you more runs!
Delta2Force #3
Posted 04 October 2014 - 10:37 AM
Features? Screenshots? Anything?

Code:
Havn't tested it but atleast it seems to contain something, but screenshots would be awesome and most likely get you more runs!
Thanks! Im gonna add Some now!

~Delta2Force

Edit :
Added some Now!
Edited on 04 October 2014 - 09:01 AM
MKlegoman357 #4
Posted 04 October 2014 - 02:40 PM
Yet another pointless OS taken from YouTube. And don't forget the Lemon File Manager that you took as if you have done it.

But really, people, start by doing some door locks or anything by yourself, we have enough of these 'OS' already.
Saldor010 #5
Posted 04 October 2014 - 05:14 PM
Yet another pointless OS taken from YouTube. And don't forget the Lemon File Manager that you took as if you have done it.

But really, people, start by doing some door locks or anything by yourself, we have enough of these 'OS' already.

Agreed. Or better yet, instead of making an operating system that everyone hates by now (Admit it, all of these copies are practically the same operating system), why not make a game or try to recreate a game that everyone will love? (a RTS game has never been done on here, and would probably be a big hit if it didn't lag ;)/> )
Mr. Bateman #6
Posted 04 October 2014 - 05:23 PM
Agreed. Or better yet, instead of making an operating system that everyone hates by now (Admit it, all of these copies are practically the same operating system)
I'm not even sure these copies are even operating systems, as they are essentially just a GUI for the shell. This could be said for other OSes, but it is most relevant for NDF-Jay copies I keep seeing.
Think of this as just a GNOME equivalent in CC. There really are no defining features.
Delta2Force #7
Posted 05 October 2014 - 02:07 PM

Agreed. Or better yet, instead of making an operating system that everyone hates by now (Admit it, all of these copies are practically the same operating system), why not make a game or try to recreate a game that everyone will love? (a RTS game has never been done on here, and would probably be a big hit if it didn't lag ;)/>/> )
Agreed. Or better yet, instead of making an operating system that everyone hates by now (Admit it, all of these copies are practically the same operating system)
I'm not even sure these copies are even operating systems, as they are essentially just a GUI for the shell. This could be said for other OSes, but it is most relevant for NDF-Jay copies I keep seeing.
Think of this as just a GNOME equivalent in CC. There really are no defining features.

Im gonna make other Things.
Writing an OS for ComputerCraft is nothing for me.
Edited on 05 October 2014 - 12:12 PM