This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
AlexDevs's profile picture

SertexSecurity 2.0 - Account System - Computer Lock and Door Lock - SHA256 - Advanced and Classic

Started by AlexDevs, 11 October 2014 - 03:17 PM
AlexDevs #1
Posted 11 October 2014 - 05:17 PM
Do you want to safe your computer? Use SertexSecurity 2.0!

At the startup insert the password and you can use your computer or open your door!

Screenshot:
SpoilerSertexSecurity SETUP
Computer Lock Mode:

Door Lock Mode:

Changelog:
SpoilerSertexSecurity 2.0:
Added Account System to Computer Lock mode
Added Door Lock mode
If do you want to run a program at the startup create a file in the dir ".sertexsecurity" called "autorun" and write the program name

SertexSecurity 1.0:
SertexSecurity was created

Install:
Run on computer:
pastebin run Qcw6bZrA
Edited on 14 January 2015 - 07:31 PM
Khento #2
Posted 15 October 2014 - 05:03 PM
Nice program!
However, just like many other login programs, it can be bypassed by a disk drive with a startup file.
I suggest adding an option to install the SertexSecurity startup on a floppy disk so it can be placed at the bottom side, which is loaded before the others.
AssossaGPB #3
Posted 15 October 2014 - 05:05 PM
If you want to make it really secure then I recommend encrypting all the files with the password.
Lignum #4
Posted 15 October 2014 - 09:53 PM
If you want to make it really secure then I recommend encrypting all the files with the password.
They are already hashed with SHA256, which is a lot more secure than encryption which is, in this case, a better option than encryption.
Edited on 17 October 2014 - 01:38 PM
AlexDevs #5
Posted 17 October 2014 - 06:57 AM
It's hashed with SHA256
Edited on 17 October 2014 - 04:59 AM
Anavrins #6
Posted 17 October 2014 - 02:59 PM
They are already hashed with SHA256, which is a lot more secure than encrypting.
I think you misinterpreted what he said.
The login password is hashed with SHA2,
What he meant is encrypt (with AES or something) the filesystem so an intruder which bypassed your login cannot read your sensitive files (Although he can inevitably delete them)
You cannot compare the security of hashes and encryption, as they are two very different things.

However, just like many other login programs, it can be bypassed by a disk drive with a startup file.
It's pointless to say that, there is absolutely no programs that is safe from this, simply don't put disk drive beside your sensitive computers.
Edited on 17 October 2014 - 01:38 PM
CoLDarkness #7
Posted 17 October 2014 - 06:50 PM
It's hashed with SHA256
It's hashed

Hashing is a one-way encryption.

You only hash the password. While this is intelligent, a full system encryption will go better.
I might actually do this later.
AlexDevs #8
Posted 14 January 2015 - 01:41 PM
SertexSecurity 2.0 was released with new function!
Check the changelog!
Anavrins #9
Posted 26 April 2015 - 08:56 PM
I'd recommend using hash+salt to store passwords, in the case of someone getting pass the login system, they won't be able to guess the password after looking at the hash.