This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
Kindar_Conrath's profile picture

Bundled Cable Analogue signal.

Started by Kindar_Conrath, 12 October 2014 - 08:37 PM
Kindar_Conrath #1
Posted 12 October 2014 - 10:37 PM
You can send & receive bundled signal and analogue signal, I was wondering if it would be possible to add support for analogue bundled cable. Project Red bundled cable supports this but it can't be read or sent from a computer at the moment.
Cranium #2
Posted 13 October 2014 - 01:15 AM
I assume you mean sending something like rs.setBundledOutput(side, color, strength), where strength is from 0-255, am I correct?
Kindar_Conrath #3
Posted 13 October 2014 - 07:33 PM
well strength only needs to be 0-15 because that's standard RS power levels but yes, and a

int = rs.testBundledInput(side, color)

where the int returns the power level of that color
MrKicker #4
Posted 31 December 2014 - 11:30 PM
I would love this, it would make things like the RedNote Block a lot easier to use.
(Ps, the reason he said power levels from 0-255 is because that's what the RedNet cables from mine factory use, and they also run off the bundled api.)
MrKicker #5
Posted 16 February 2015 - 01:18 AM
I wanna bump this…
Can I bump this?
I think I'm bumping this!
HPWebcamAble #6
Posted 16 February 2015 - 04:07 PM
Analog. Do you mean that Bundled cable carries analog signals? I don't think it does, not like redstone dust. I know that the signal doesn't decay over any distance through the cable, but its possible that it will retain the analog input of redstone entering it.

As for computers, they can read and set redstone dust's analog input.

rs.getAnalogInput(side)
rs.setAnalogOutput(side,strength)
rs.getAnalogOutput(side)

So if cable does carry analog input, just hook up some redstone after the cable, and have the computer read that.
Bomb Bloke #7
Posted 16 February 2015 - 09:58 PM
The idea is to have ComputerCraft output analogue signals into a bundled cable at the same time.
demethan #8
Posted 17 June 2016 - 03:01 AM
Oh… that would be so usefull.. Analogue on bundled cable please. thx.