This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
TheCaptainSly's profile picture

ZoS

Started by TheCaptainSly, 13 October 2014 - 11:04 PM
TheCaptainSly #1
Posted 14 October 2014 - 01:04 AM
Hello ladies and Gentlefish. I've decided that I would upload my operating system for ComputerCraft. This Operating system is very primitive and was only made to prove that I could. I'm uploading it because I've decided that I want to get critiqued on it.

Background Information
ZoS was started about 1 or 2 years ago and it was an off and on project. I stopped all together and never picked it back up. Then sporadically on October 10, 2014 I found mimic. It was like a blessing from the gods. I finally found an emulator that I could use on my chromebook and finally could code at school. I then started to re-code ZoS from what I had left and then ended up with what I have now. ZoS Is not a master piece, the one true OS that deserves that title, in my eyes, is OneOS. After watching a couple of tutorials and getting help on the forums I feel confident that this can be a very basic os. Any suggestions could help but I'm still re-learning lua so if I can't implement it just yet wait.

Feature
ZoS is bundled with the following programs when it starts
SpoilerLoginGUI - smigolpol - I edited the path to where it saves the login list.
Ice-Browser - CureCurtain - I edited it to show ZROOT as it's home.
Smart Paste - Crainium
Fire Wolf - GravityScore
Ink - Oeed
Sketch - Oeed
BBtetris - Bomb Bloke
GUIAPI - account.username
The login may not be practical but it actually creates a document folder for the username you give. As of right now you can't choose not to create a user as I have not created the usercreation function in the main.

Picture
Spoiler[attachment=1912:StartMenu.png]
[attachment=1913:RightContext.png]
[attachment=1914:Desktop.png]
– it seems that I need to fix some of the icon placing o.O
[attachment=1915:Login.png]
[attachment=1916:FileChecking.png]
[attachment=1917:FileCheckSkip.png]

pastebin get pcf1UHwD installer
pastebin run pcf1UHwD 

That is about it. I just wanted to post the OS. I'm still updating it and I want to add more. Like way more. So remember that this is still in 0.1BETA.
Thank you.
Edited on 14 October 2014 - 12:30 PM
Tiin57 #2
Posted 14 October 2014 - 01:37 PM
I'm surprised anyone got this wrong, but GravityScore created Firewolf. Topic here.
TheCaptainSly #3
Posted 14 October 2014 - 02:29 PM
I have no idea that I screwed that up. I guess it shows that I should proof-read my credits file. Fixed
Lemmmy #4
Posted 19 October 2014 - 12:51 AM
I made an account but couldn't login because I username'd too hard
TheCaptainSly #5
Posted 20 October 2014 - 02:54 PM
I have no idea what to say to that… You what? If this is a joke well played. if not then…