This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
AlkamlBan's profile picture

Can someone create an antivirus?

Started by AlkamlBan, 26 October 2014 - 02:39 PM
AlkamlBan #1
Posted 26 October 2014 - 03:39 PM
In case you understood the title you understood what the text is about aswell. My question is simple: Is there an actual antivirus? And by actual I mean an anti-virus which works without needing anything else. I can't say I have seen a lot (basically none) of viruses but such a program would be really helpful. And that just raises another question: How is a ComputerCraft virus made? Not that I want to make one (:P/>) but I knowing how viruses work can increase the capabilities of the anti-virus. What I mean is that if we find how it works we will be able to fight it.
Dragon53535 #2
Posted 26 October 2014 - 03:56 PM
I can't say I have seen a lot (basically none) of viruses
I believe that virus's are banned on this forum.

How is a ComputerCraft virus made?

They're usually something to do with just a startup file that uses os.pullEvent = os.pullEventRaw and then messes up the functionality of the computer and doesn't allow you to do anything.
AlkamlBan #3
Posted 26 October 2014 - 05:02 PM
I can't say I have seen a lot (basically none) of viruses
I believe that virus's are banned on this forum.

How is a ComputerCraft virus made?

They're usually something to do with just a startup file that uses os.pullEvent = os.pullEventRaw and then messes up the functionality of the computer and doesn't allow you to do anything.

1) I know that viruses are banned. I meant my computer being infected by one
2) Isn't there a way to make a more efficient one? I mean without needing to use the startup file (or at least use it partially)
Lyqyd #4
Posted 26 October 2014 - 05:47 PM
I'm gonna go ahead and lock this. Discussions of virii under the guise of "writing an anti-virus" is still discussing malicious code and/or ways it could be implemented and improved. Take the discussion elsewhere, please, if you must discuss it.