This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
SGunner2014's profile picture

Forums went weird for some reason

Started by SGunner2014, 17 November 2014 - 02:08 PM
SGunner2014 #1
Posted 17 November 2014 - 03:08 PM
I tried to load the forums on internet explorer, and this happened. Thought it was kinda strange, so I also though I would share it with you :)/>. Loads perfectly fine on Chrome, but just looks a little strange on ie.

Kind of strange, isn't it?

- Sam
MKlegoman357 #2
Posted 17 November 2014 - 04:21 PM
Lol :D/>. What kind of software did you use? I think I remember a website that did something similar :D/>.

If this was only to say that IE is a bad browser then please don't do this again. I've been using IE for ages now and haven't had a problem with it, ever.

LDDestroier #3
Posted 17 November 2014 - 04:59 PM
I think I see your problem. There are a few neat utilities to fix this sort of issue, although I prefer using this one.
SGunner2014 #4
Posted 17 November 2014 - 06:13 PM
Lol :D/>. What kind of software did you use? I think I remember a website that did something similar :D/>.

If this was only to say that IE is a bad browser then please don't do this again. I've been using IE for ages now and haven't had a problem with it, ever.

I would never insult IE. :(/>. I use it myself regularly alongside Chrome when a certain few things refuse to load, and I love it. I actually think it's better and looks nicer than Chrome.

Oh, and I use IE 11 with Windows 10 Technical Preview, so it may have had something to do with that.

- Sam
Edited on 17 November 2014 - 05:13 PM
MKlegoman357 #5
Posted 17 November 2014 - 07:51 PM
I would never insult IE. :(/>. I use it myself regularly alongside Chrome when a certain few things refuse to load, and I love it. I actually think it's better and looks nicer than Chrome.

Oh, and I use IE 11 with Windows 10 Technical Preview, so it may have had something to do with that.

- Sam

Ah, I see. Well I have no idea why it shows it like this.
Agent Silence #6
Posted 17 November 2014 - 09:28 PM
Your computer is only registering a select few characters, try rebooting.
SGunner2014 #7
Posted 17 November 2014 - 09:43 PM
Your computer is only registering a select few characters, try rebooting.

Tried that. For some strange reason, it's only happening on certain sites. The one's I've seen it happen on so far are twitter and here.
Any Ideas?

- Sam
Agent Silence #8
Posted 17 November 2014 - 09:53 PM
Try changing your font size on the computer
Edited on 17 November 2014 - 08:53 PM
SGunner2014 #9
Posted 17 November 2014 - 10:19 PM
I've also noticed, that with my installation of IE, some things won't work correctly. Here's an example, this time on YouTube:

Thanks,
- Sam
TheOddByte #10
Posted 09 December 2014 - 08:13 PM
I've also noticed, that with my installation of IE, some things won't work correctly. Here's an example, this time on YouTube:

Thanks,
- Sam
I don't know how careful you are with files, but it could be some virus that's hijacked your browser.
If that's not the case then try this and see if it helps