This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
ShadowDisruptor's profile picture

CC Beamer

Started by ShadowDisruptor, 14 December 2014 - 09:48 PM
ShadowDisruptor #1
Posted 14 December 2014 - 10:48 PM
I got the idea and threw together this quick sketch. Simply, have 2 computers with a wireless rednet modem. On one, have the sender code. On the other, have the receiver code. All events that occur on one computer will occur on the other, allowing you to have a computer that mirrors another! I don't have any more time today, but I plan on expanding this post and the program tomorrow. Expect more details and an improved code. Comment on any suggestions!

Please note, for now you need to manually edit the rednet modem side. It's the first line of the code so it shouldn't be very hard.

Planned features
  • multi-way mirror
  • Settings
  • File sharing
Uses
  • Have your screen mirrored onto a monitor
  • Have a program run on 2 computers
  • Link your houses computers together (Somewhat, future update will allow this fully)
  • The ideas are endless!
Sender pastebin
WWvWtQ3F
Receiver pastebin
vP5e9CuC
Edited on 14 December 2014 - 09:50 PM
thewmatt #2
Posted 17 December 2014 - 03:32 AM
this sounds like Lyqyd's nsh program…
but still good job!
suggestion: make it so you can have the sender = reciever programs merge together and have a menu letting you select sender or reciever instead of having to need two different programs :)/>
KeeganDeathman #3
Posted 17 December 2014 - 04:27 AM
A new form of quantum computers!
ShadowDisruptor #4
Posted 17 December 2014 - 08:25 PM
this sounds like Lyqyd's nsh program…
but still good job!
suggestion: make it so you can have the sender = reciever programs merge together and have a menu letting you select sender or reciever instead of having to need two different programs :)/>
Hmm, can't seem to find Lyqyd's program. Can you give me a link? Also, when I update it again, each program will send and receive.
SquidDev #5
Posted 17 December 2014 - 08:58 PM
Nsh can be found here. Its like SSH, but without the Secure bit.
ShadowDisruptor #6
Posted 17 December 2014 - 10:44 PM
Nsh can be found here. Its like SSH, but without the Secure bit.
Yeah pretty much the same thing. Oh well, still good practice :)/>