This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
Agent Silence's profile picture

Extra peripheral on top of turtles?

Started by Agent Silence, 15 December 2014 - 10:19 PM
Agent Silence #1
Posted 15 December 2014 - 11:19 PM
You could put another peripheral on the top side of turtles
theoriginalbit #2
Posted 17 December 2014 - 08:39 AM
it has been suggested before, nothing official really came out of it. I think adding a peripheral slot on the top would require a little more configuration than normal for the peripheral mod developers as it wouldn't make sense for say a pickaxe to be able to be equipped on the top, but it might make sense for a compass to only be equipped on the top. I personally do support this suggestion and think that it could be a good addition, but there need to be some good design choices made with it for it to be effective.
Also previously discussed was all sides allowing peripherals which I disagree with however since the back is a backpack (storage), the bottom is the engine (movement), and the front is a scanner (detect, inspect, etc.)
Agent Silence #3
Posted 17 December 2014 - 07:11 PM
it has been suggested before, nothing official really came out of it. I think adding a peripheral slot on the top would require a little more configuration than normal for the peripheral mod developers as it wouldn't make sense for say a pickaxe to be able to be equipped on the top, but it might make sense for a compass to only be equipped on the top. I personally do support this suggestion and think that it could be a good addition, but there need to be some good design choices made with it for it to be effective.
Also previously discussed was all sides allowing peripherals which I disagree with however since the back is a backpack (storage), the bottom is the engine (movement), and the front is a scanner (detect, inspect, etc.)
I disagree with all sides being a peripheral too. Maybe the turtle can hit all the blocks on the sides of it but not the top or bottom?