This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
DannySMc's profile picture

Blaze Email Client - Version 1.2 (ADDED API)

Started by DannySMc, 17 December 2014 - 04:56 PM
DannySMc #1
Posted 17 December 2014 - 05:56 PM
Blaze Email Client

Welcome guys, I have a small program as I have seen many people asking for one.
It is a email client, NOT REAL EMAILS!!!
It uses an online database to get,send and delete emails using your username and password! Everything is secure, and to use it all you do is on the login, use the register tab and register then login! It is pretty simple and easy to use, emails are sent to others usernames, any questions? Just PM me. It is pretty basic so don't moan as it will have many bugs!

- PLEASE READ -
The login system and the inbox has been taken down while I change the scripts to use the new ccsystems script as this script is more secure and immature users have been abusing the php scripts. I shall post on here and on my profile when it has been updated, I apologise for any problems this may have caused.

EDIT: This is something that should be brought up but if you want to test it, please don't send a message to a user that doesn't exist?:S I have viewed on the database that someone sent a message to a user called test? That user doesn't exist, and until that user is created you will never be able to view that message and/or that user's inbox?:S To test it simply send yourself a message! or make two users and send messages between the users otherwise you can't see if it works or not? You guys confuse me sometimes.

EDIT 2: So I have added the API that has a few extra functions including a wordwrap (I think OEED gave it to me and a sha256 hashing algorithm that HAS to be used to upload passwords to the database). Link to it here: Blaze API

Current Version: 1.2

Versions / Updates Log:
SpoilerVersion 1.2:
Spoiler+ Updated a few bugs in update function
+ Added address book with custom and address username fields
+ Address books are stored locally
+ Add button is present on the contacts
+ Delete contacts by right clicking them
+ Send a message to a contact by clicking on them!
+ Added drop-down menu when "NEW" is clicked saying message and contact
+ Use NEW -> Contact to get to address book!

Version 1.1:
Spoiler+ Fixed a few bugs
+ Added update function
+ Works across servers as it is online based
+ Doesn't work with real email addresses… YET

Version 1.0:
Spoiler+ Send messages to other registered users!
+ Have an inbox that is updated every few minutes
+ Use reply and delete functions on viewing messages
+ Use word wrap to format text and information
+ Help tab
+ Options tab (Not working yet)
+ Only up to 20 messages to be displayed on 5 pages (lua issues)

Future Updates:
+ Add an address book
+ Scrolling message view
+ More Options

There will be an API if this program gets recognised so you can all use it, but you will have to format the data but it's all in the manual I am currently making, I would love to see your versions!!

Thanks, don't hate!

:D/>

Anyway here is the pastebin code:

pastebin get VehDCxwR blaze

If you like it vote me up!! Anything I should add? Just give me a message I will respond soon!

Screenshots here as file "too large?:S" oh well.
http://blog.dannysmc.com/archives/80
Thanks!

EDIT: Fixed pastebin link!
Edited on 01 March 2015 - 06:45 PM
_removed #2
Posted 17 December 2014 - 06:02 PM
Will check this out as soon as possible Danny
DannySMc #3
Posted 17 December 2014 - 08:21 PM
Will check this out as soon as possible Danny
Awesome :D/>
_removed #4
Posted 18 December 2014 - 08:15 PM
Tried it out, no bugs so far.

I also like that you've added the mouse intergration into Blaze which I like.
DannySMc #5
Posted 18 December 2014 - 10:58 PM
Tried it out, no bugs so far.

I also like that you've added the mouse intergration into Blaze which I like.

Yeah I really liked the idea of it all being touch screen! :P/>
ByteMe #6
Posted 18 December 2014 - 11:40 PM
Two things, one the ability to disable auto updating inbox (slight lag) and also a deleted items tab. Awesome apart from that :D/>
DannySMc #7
Posted 19 December 2014 - 09:13 AM
Two things, one the ability to disable auto updating inbox (slight lag) and also a deleted items tab. Awesome apart from that :D/>

Well I don't get any lag? Even on my slow internet?:S but I shall add a manual refresh button then, as there is a delay timer for 300 seconds for each refresh but you have to stay on the inbox for that as that is when you leave the computer running.

Deleted items tab? I love the idea, but would that mean making it local? As to get deleted items on the database, that's a whole new table and PHP script? So maybe when you delete them they go to a local folder that can be viewed?

Hmm I like that idea, and glad you like it, I am bringing out the API today so people can make their own version using my table, as I would like to see this be used, as I think it could be useful! :D/>
Thanks for the feedback though!
_removed #8
Posted 20 December 2014 - 03:38 PM
I tried it but I can't find the exit button.
DannySMc #9
Posted 21 December 2014 - 10:54 AM
I tried it but I can't find the exit button.

You just terminate it, as it is just a test pogram, this will be going directly into my OS!
_removed #10
Posted 23 January 2015 - 08:01 PM
I want to use this in my new os (Sunset), can I have the permission to use it and modify it to work?
DannySMc #11
Posted 24 January 2015 - 10:35 AM
I want to use this in my new os (Sunset), can I have the permission to use it and modify it to work?

yeah sure
chickeenbox #12
Posted 24 January 2015 - 07:40 PM
i have installed the program in my minecraft computer, but i can't register. everytime i want to register it says: bios 500: Domain not permitted. Can't i use gmai or hotmail? thx for any help
DannySMc #13
Posted 24 January 2015 - 11:20 PM
i have installed the program in my minecraft computer, but i can't register. everytime i want to register it says: bios 500: Domain not permitted. Can't i use gmai or hotmail? thx for any help

It uses usernames not actual emails so, for example:
username: newuser123
password: anything123
email: myrealemail@gmail.com

then you send messages to the username…

Your problem is that in ComputerCraft's config you haven't enabled all domains… so it won't let you connect to my website to register…
If you are on a server, ask them to allow all domains, or if you are on a local game then go to your computercraft.cfg file at:
%appdata%\.minecraft\config\
then find the HTTPWhiteList line (or something like that). Put a * after the =-sign (instead of *pastebin.com, *computercraft.info or something like that). Then restart minecraft and you should be able to register :D/>
Geforce Fan #14
Posted 25 January 2015 - 02:24 AM
wait, can you see our emails?
_removed #15
Posted 25 January 2015 - 03:58 PM
Yeah, cos he owns the MySQL database, he can see alll incoming and outcoming messages and could in fact send an email from his computer with a PHP script.
DannySMc #16
Posted 26 January 2015 - 09:33 AM
Yeah, cos he owns the MySQL database, he can see alll incoming and outcoming messages and could in fact send an email from his computer with a PHP script.

Yes and no, it is just a type of instant messenger that stores your messages, it is not a real email. It sends a message and leaves it in the database, until you read it.

I can see all emails, but the passwords are all hashed so I can't read them, if you are worried about privacy, don't be as I don't really have time to go through them…

I don't really go on the database, unless I am adding new features, so don't worry! :D/>

But yes I do own the database :P/>