This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
lare290's profile picture

Most useless mods?

Started by lare290, 23 December 2014 - 07:24 PM
lare290 #1
Posted 23 December 2014 - 08:24 PM
I'm having trouble with Minecraft FPS, and I was thinking that I could delete few mods. Problem is, I love all them, SO I thought that I could ask here. What are most useless mods of this list I have?

SpoilerBuildcraft

CodeChickenCore

ComputerCraft

EnderStorage

Forestry

IC2NuclearControl

Industrial Craft 2

INpureCore

NEIaddons

NEIIntegration

NotEnoughItems

Optifine

PlayerAPI

Railcraft

ReiMinimap

RenderPlayerAPI

Smart Moving

Thaumcraft 4
Edited on 23 December 2014 - 07:24 PM
MKlegoman357 #2
Posted 23 December 2014 - 09:06 PM
Everything except ComputerCraft :D/>. But really, I would remove all those command-adding and inventory mods.
lare290 #3
Posted 23 December 2014 - 09:13 PM
I have NEI just because I need mod recipes in-game and it is useful for creative mode also, and because I have NEI, I also need NEI-addons.
Bomb Bloke #4
Posted 23 December 2014 - 09:14 PM
While I wouldn't call it "useless", Optifine may cause more troubles than it fixes. I'd start there.

Most other mods will not affect your frame rate (unless they add blocks which happen to require a lot of rendering power, and you happen to be looking at those blocks). I'd be looking at other factors. For example, if your computer has multiple video cards, make sure the more powerful one is being used by Java.
lare290 #5
Posted 23 December 2014 - 09:19 PM
FPS started to drop after Thaumcraft, and that is why I downloaded Optifine.
edit: deleted Optifine and Smart moving (I loved it but it f*cks up Thaumcraft robes ;_; )
Edited on 23 December 2014 - 09:11 PM
Lignum #6
Posted 23 December 2014 - 10:27 PM
If having many mods in general is causing you trouble (not rendering or anything specific), try increasing the amount of memory Minecraft gets. Because unless you're really overdoing it, that shouldn't cause FPS drops.
lare290 #7
Posted 24 December 2014 - 07:47 AM
Well how to do that? I have heard 'bout that but I don't know how to do it (I'm Windows 8)
Cycomantis #8
Posted 24 December 2014 - 07:58 AM
Here is the instructions on changing your memory allocation for Minecraft. http://www.minecraftforum.net/forums/support/unmodified-minecraft-client/tutorials-and-faqs/1871637-tutorial-allocate-more-memory-for-minecraft

And some tips for how to improve your FPS. http://minecraft.gamepedia.com/Frame_rate
Dog #9
Posted 24 December 2014 - 04:02 PM
Cycomantis' links are a great place to start. On the FPS page, there is a section labeled "Third party methods". One thing they don't mention (which works better than e.g. FpsPlus) is FastCraft (common results are increased FPS and reduced chunk-load lag). I've been using it for quite awhile with very good results. It's *not* like Optifine in that it doesn't have any options, nor does it 'add' features - it just speeds up and smooths out the game.