This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
LewisTehMinerz's profile picture

FrostOS

Started by LewisTehMinerz, 24 December 2014 - 03:13 PM
LewisTehMinerz #1
Posted 24 December 2014 - 04:13 PM
Hello! Welcome to FrostOS! This OS specializes in usability. We hope to give you the best experience! You can download some of the programs already because they are finished / usable. The source is here. The website is here. There are quite a lot of issues and we are trying to fix them ASAP. Please download what ever programs you want from the source and test them. If you use github and you are very experienced please PM me then I will send you an invite. Thank you!
Exerro #2
Posted 24 December 2014 - 04:48 PM
I can tell from a glance at the github repo that this isn't just an NDFJay clone, but you should really add some pictures, installation instructions, and a bit more of a description.
LewisTehMinerz #3
Posted 24 December 2014 - 05:03 PM
I can tell from a glance at the github repo that this isn't just an NDFJay clone, but you should really add some pictures, installation instructions, and a bit more of a description.
I'm sorry, I've never heard of "NDFJay" before so I couldn't of copied him. The entire team started blank with just a README.md file before and we did everything to our liking. I might have created the team but I don't tell anyone what to do. I usually post an issue if I want a feature and let anyone have a go, else, I just let them do what ever they want. Anyway:
  1. I did not fork / copy (Github calls them forks)
  2. Do not accuse without proof.
"but you should really add some pictures, installation instructions, and a bit more of a description."
This will be in the future once we get it finished.
KingofGamesYami #4
Posted 24 December 2014 - 05:12 PM
I'm sorry, I've never heard of "NDFJay" before so I couldn't of copied him. The entire team started blank with just a README.md file before and we did everything to our liking. I might have created the team but I don't tell anyone what to do. I usually post an issue if I want a feature and let anyone have a go, else, I just let them do what ever they want. Anyway:
  1. I did not fork / copy (Github calls them forks)
  2. Do not accuse without proof.
"but you should really add some pictures, installation instructions, and a bit more of a description."
This will be in the future once we get it finished.

Actually, he said it was not an NDFJay clone, which is a good thing. NDFJay created a series of youtube tutorials on "how to create a computercraft OS", which has led to many new users following the tutorial and posting an OS that is almost exactly the same thing he described.