This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
Tripy998's profile picture

CCU/2/3 Final Comments

Started by Tripy998, 27 December 2014 - 06:17 PM
Tripy998 #1
Posted 27 December 2014 - 07:17 PM
Ok. Let me make this clear and to the point. I've been getting PM after PM after PM asking if CCU2/3 is dead. Yes, in fact CCU, the idea, is almost impossible in the first place. The Idea of a School on the internet, where people living in different timezones can join and attend LIVE classes with teachers who are also in different timezones, is a very cool idea, but, it's not possible. To be able to cover every timezone so that anyone could attend a class at a decent time, would require have a teacher for every class, in every time zone.

FAQ

Q: CCU2 lasted longer than CCU3.
A: Wrong, CCU2 lasted for 3-4 weeks after opening.
CCU3 on the other hand lasted for 10-12 weeks after opening it's doors to students.

Q: You don't have the right to name it CCU2! You don't own CCU!
A: You are correct, Cranium owns it. But, I did get permission to call it CCU2.

Q: Can I start my own CCU?
A: My personal answer would be "Go right ahead! :D/>" But, I would also advice reading the comments in our CCU/2/3 Topics so that you can learn from out mistakes and develop a better CC Education system! :D/>

Q: Why did you just make a post about this in General? Why?
A: Because I don't appreciate getting spammed with these questions.

Q: Will CCU ever come back?
A: Probably not. But I did hear a few rumors that someone is working on a system that does not require teachers and is completely autonomous.

Q: What are you planning to do next?
A: I was thinking of starting a server dedicated to being my MC Company's HQ and I was also thinking of getting few workers and making a few cool new products. But then again, just an Idea.

Thank you for reading this, If I did not already answer any of your questions, please feel free to PM me, and Ill answer them!

Now I want to list all of CCU2/3 veteran teachers and staff.

Big Thanks to all of you for making my dream of resurrecting CCU Come true!
  1. Hikkler
  2. Willwac
  3. eliasrg
  4. mklegoman
  5. Zambonie (PAT)
  6. MK234? (I can't remeber)
  7. Mackan
  8. Keehl
  9. imgoodisher
  10. Assossa
  11. Walia
  12. Coolguy6099 (Original Host of CCU2)
  13. Adam (Founder of CCU3)
  14. Turtle
  15. HuskyMudkip (He applied for teacher)
  16. Blackben (also applied)
  17. Dano
  18. Carrots
  19. Cookie
  20. 43 Bottles of MTN Dew
  21. 10 Cans of Monster Energy
  22. And 5 Months of construction
If I missed anyone PM me. I love all of you guys! You helped me and pulled all nighters to make CCU2 and CCU3 a reality!

This is Captain Tripy, Captain of the USS CCU2 and Crew Member of USS CCU3, Signing off.
cdel #2
Posted 28 December 2014 - 02:30 AM
I think the idea of Autonomous teaching is quite awesome, but it doesn't give anything close to the feel of a real teacher.
Tripy998 #3
Posted 17 March 2015 - 05:50 PM
I think the idea of Autonomous teaching is quite awesome, but it doesn't give anything close to the feel of a real teacher.

I agree completely :P/>
Lupus590 #4
Posted 17 March 2015 - 07:01 PM
I my opinion, this thread should be sticky, we have had too many CCU (and related projects). Unless the proposed Uni can be entirely self sufficient (read: computers as teachers) it may as well be doomed to fail. This looks like it has a chance though, teaching through a website sounds like it will work.
Edited on 22 May 2015 - 01:50 PM
Tripy998 #5
Posted 22 May 2015 - 03:28 PM
I agree completely on this, that's mostly the reason I did not just jump on the boat to help with that system XD
Lupus590 #6
Posted 22 May 2015 - 03:52 PM

I agree completely on this, that's mostly the reason I did not just jump on the boat to help with that system XD

That moment when you realise you already answered.
Edited on 22 May 2015 - 01:53 PM
Tripy998 #7
Posted 27 May 2015 - 03:40 PM

That moment when you realise you already answered.

OMG XD I have problems sometimes, and one of them is that I keep forgetting I've already responded.