This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
itzstarstruck's profile picture

CreeperOS Rebuilt! Version a0.2

Started by itzstarstruck, 03 January 2015 - 06:55 AM
itzstarstruck #1
Posted 03 January 2015 - 07:55 AM
Updated! :D/>
After a LONG time, I return to you with…
CreeperOS Rebuilt!
Something that FINALLY isn't an NDF-OS/NDF-UI copy!

Screenshots (now outdated) :

^ the desktop looks the same, all the programs are in the menu, so that's why I am keeping this image up til' I add color.

Added in a2.0:
LuaIDE by GravityScore
Sketch by oeed
PicView by me.

Pastebin Installers:
Installer for a0.2: pastebin get DXhSCENW cInstall
Installer for a0.1: pastebin get Khye8Z40 cInstall

Thanks!
(It may not be the best at the moment.. I'm still working on it :P/> )
Edited on 04 January 2015 - 12:12 AM
wieselkatze #2
Posted 03 January 2015 - 02:43 PM
So, uh, this basically is a program capable of rebooting or shutting down the computer? Unless you add your own programs or create something unique to your program, I wouldn't consider this as being an OS.
I don't want so sound harsh, but this is something I could have created in 10 minutes - so please put a bit more effort in your programs and release them when you actually see a use for them. ( Right now I could just use 'shutdown' or 'reboot' and actually save time )
Lemmmy #3
Posted 03 January 2015 - 02:56 PM
I remember that one time I shut down my computer with this OS, it was like a rollercoaster ride! The screen went black and I was like "BEST OS EVER". </sarcasm>
Like wieselkatze said, not trying to sound harsh but all three of your 'operating systems' so far have only contained two functions: 'shutdown' and 'reboot'. This could be classed more as an alias for the two functions than OS. Perhaps, Lyqyd, there should be a forum for threads just like these? Edit: Nevermind, looks like a similar request was already shot down.
Edited on 03 January 2015 - 01:58 PM
itzstarstruck #4
Posted 04 January 2015 - 12:51 AM
Thanks for the help, I'll add some programs in the next update!

-Starstruck
itzstarstruck #5
Posted 04 January 2015 - 01:12 AM
Added new programs in the update :D/>