This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
cdel's profile picture

AdFly

Started by cdel, 11 January 2015 - 04:40 AM
cdel #1
Posted 11 January 2015 - 05:40 AM
As an owner on Lua Land, I want to be able to earn a bit more revenue via AdFly links so the server can thrive for even longer, am I allowed to use them?
Cranium #2
Posted 11 January 2015 - 05:49 AM
Adf.ly links are generally discouraged on the forums(at least, as a general consensus). That being said, I host my own links on my own website, for content that I won and have created for myself.

We'd definitely want you to use official links for the ComputerCraft mod and any other mods, as per the individual mod author's wishes. But yes, it's fine to post whatever links you want, as long as you're linking to your own original content.
Edited on 11 January 2015 - 04:50 AM
Lyqyd #3
Posted 11 January 2015 - 06:00 AM
From the Forum Guidelines:

Do not post links which use a link shortening service to redirect; post the full link to the final destination.

Adf.ly links are included in that. We require this so that people know exactly what they're getting when they follow a link.
cdel #4
Posted 11 January 2015 - 06:04 AM
AdFly has a service which can make a paid link something such as http://adf.ly/7151826/www.google.com, is that okay?
Edited on 11 January 2015 - 05:05 AM
Cranium #5
Posted 11 January 2015 - 06:18 AM
Apparently I was mislead. I was under the impression that you were linking on your own service. On the forums, we don't allow link shorteners, such as adf.ly. If you wish to link to your own content, you'll have to do it with a full link here, but you can shorten it on your won service, such as your own webservice.

And I'd like to reiterate, that due to almost any url shortener links that provide you with money for clicks, any content you link to must be your original content.
cdel #6
Posted 11 January 2015 - 06:20 AM
yeah, was only going to make it link to the Lua Land website, not the modpack.
lucy-san #7
Posted 11 January 2015 - 10:14 AM
Using Adfly will probably cut Your program downloads at least in half - no one really likes it. That being said, You probably can provide two links - one direct and one via adfly, so people can choose.
Agoldfish #8
Posted 13 January 2015 - 06:48 PM
Using Adfly will probably cut Your program downloads at least in half - no one really likes it. That being said, You probably can provide two links - one direct and one via adfly, so people can choose.
Let's be honest. We all click the direct. Why wait?
Lyqyd #9
Posted 18 January 2015 - 06:14 AM
To summarize and clarify, no shortened links are okay, whether they are your own content or not. Link directly to the thing you want to link to.