This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
MrKicker's profile picture

Change "monitor.setTextScale()" into "term.setTextScale()".

Started by MrKicker, 11 January 2015 - 09:52 PM
MrKicker #1
Posted 11 January 2015 - 10:52 PM
As the title suggests, I'm wondering if it would be possible to get "monitor.setTextScale(number scale)" changed to something like "term.setTextScale(number scale, target)".

The key advantage to this is that the monitor isn't the only thing that can have its text scaled. However I can only think of two other things that could use this feature:
-Printers(To set the text scale on the page.)
-The computers themselves

And if no target is specified, then the API should assume your referring to the computer.

And yes, I mainly created this suggestion just with computer text scaling in mind, I like in game editing with luaide, and I'm kinda sick of the overly big font taking up space.'

–Edit–

I also though that alot of programs would become outdated if monitor.setTextScale() is removed, so what if we added term.setTextScale() and kept monitor.setTextScale() as well.
Edited on 12 January 2015 - 12:14 AM
GopherAtl #2
Posted 12 January 2015 - 05:49 AM
Last I checked, monitors *are* the only thing that can have their text scale changed, actually…
MKlegoman357 #3
Posted 12 January 2015 - 02:57 PM
The computer's screen is already quite big. Yes it's small, but it's ok, at least for me. And if you would want make a smaller computer screen size well then, why? I really don't see a good reason to do this in computers. Same with printers.