This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
RoD's profile picture

Knight's tour - Strategy/Puzzle game

Started by RoD, 17 January 2015 - 01:09 PM
RoD #1
Posted 17 January 2015 - 02:09 PM
Hello guys, i just came back to cc yesterday and i decided to make a game that i saw lately. The game is called knight tour and it consists in the ordinary chess horse making its way through the chess board (or any board really). The player can choose only the moves that the horse can preform in chess and can not go to a tile which was already stepped. The player loses if he has no more tiles to run to, and wins if he walks through all the board.

Attention: the wikipedia link show how to end the game, so it will ruin the gameplay if you already know how to finish it. ;)/>
Wikipedia link: http://en.wikipedia....Knight%27s_tour

Even though this game is played on the 8x8 chess board i decided to make it 15x15. It is possible to end it either way.

Color code:
White = Player
Brown = Board
Red = Already stepped tiles
Green = Possible tiles to move to

Screenshots:
SpoilerThe game when it starts:

After a couple of moves:

When the player runs out of moves:

Download:
pastebin get G5FqHanB
Edited on 18 January 2015 - 04:59 PM
InDieTasten #2
Posted 17 January 2015 - 02:14 PM
Oh, I think I've seen something like this on Numberphile or something.
You should display a score at some point. Then I would consider it finished ;)/>
RoD #3
Posted 17 January 2015 - 03:09 PM
I just watched it. Its nice to know all this things about the game. About the score: You mean a number of moves or something else?
InDieTasten #4
Posted 17 January 2015 - 03:27 PM
I just watched it. Its nice to know all this things about the game. About the score: You mean a number of moves or something else?

Yeah, the moves made so far.
RoD #5
Posted 17 January 2015 - 03:46 PM
Yeah, the moves made so far.

Done! :)/>
But keep in mind that if you end the game the number of moves will always be the same. Thank you for your feedback. Now the game is "finished". :D/>
RoD #6
Posted 18 January 2015 - 05:59 PM
Any more suggestions? I would love to have some feedback :)/>