This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
TrovadorUrbano's profile picture

Simple Storage UI

Started by TrovadorUrbano, 22 January 2015 - 06:42 PM
TrovadorUrbano #1
Posted 22 January 2015 - 07:42 PM
Simple (yet useful) Storage UI
Hey guys im sharing a little program that im working on, its still a WIP but maybe one of two of you could find it a little useful, this program will show you on an advanced computer, turtle or monitor (using monitor <side> <program>) all the items in your connected chests (vanilla, iron chest, or better storage chests/lockers) via Peripheral Proxy
Obviously it requires open peripherals, and by now its only allowed to those 2 mods, it also should be working if connecting a modem into an ae access terminal or controller but idk if open peripherals for 1.6.4 (ae1) functions are compatible with open peripherals for 1.7.10 (ae2) so, you can test it (ill be testing it tomorrow or so).

Comments or suggestions are fully accepted ;)/>

Installer:

pastebin get 53mNh3wp installer

–Tip: END key to terminate, you can also navigate with arrow keys

Screenies:
Spoiler

[media]http://youtu.be/fOetyVEiglQ[/media]
InDieTasten #2
Posted 22 January 2015 - 07:43 PM
looks awesome :)/> +1
InDieTasten #3
Posted 22 January 2015 - 07:51 PM
maybe like 2 buttons for either alphabetic sort, or sort by amount? this would do great to find stuff faster.

another minor change improvement would be a filtering option that just looks for the names containing the typed word

and another major change feature you could implement are categories, like ores, machines, tools, either hardcoded like the creative inventory, or by implementing a way of manually define categories.
TrovadorUrbano #4
Posted 22 January 2015 - 08:08 PM
maybe like 2 buttons for either alphabetic sort, or sort by amount? this would do great to find stuff faster.

another minor change improvement would be a filtering option that just looks for the names containing the typed word

and another major change feature you could implement are categories, like ores, machines, tools, either hardcoded like the creative inventory, or by implementing a way of manually define categories.
Working on the sorting option, im not very used to work with lua tables :rolleyes:/>
Also the filter will be implemented in a future
renjestoo #5
Posted 30 August 2016 - 02:25 PM
I tried out your script, but I get the message:

gui:87
bad argument: string epected, got nil

I tried to repair the script, but my skills are not that good :)/>

hopefully somebody can repair/debug the script so it works again :)/>