This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
TheKickstart's profile picture

FlixOS Metro - Now in beta!

Started by TheKickstart, 26 January 2015 - 07:13 PM
TheKickstart #1
Posted 26 January 2015 - 08:13 PM
Note: As of the 26th August 2016, FlixOS is Discontinued. Please feel free to continue the project. It is going to be replaced with VivaOS
FlixOS
metro
Well, my original idea for FlixOS was not very popular and ended up in having to be remade
into something entirely different(As in like a new version different) and became FlixOS Metro
The changelog
Spoiler

FlixOS Metro beta 1(v1.3):
New entirely new UI with a new home screen.
Now based off of Bedrock rather than normal ComputerCraft code(I thought I might give it a go and i tried to draft out FlixOS metro and when you install it you will see how far it got me).
Added a window that pops up when you click shutdown/restart asking you if you are sure you want to shutdown/restart.
Added in a login screen(all you need to login is click the Flix button and you are in, also has the restart and shutdown buttons but due to some problems in Bedrock, dont work)
Changed the word "Reboot" to "Restart" since it sounds better in my opinion.
Thats all that has been added into FlixOS

Credits:
Spoiler

GravityScore for LuaIDE
Oeed for Bedrock and jSketch(I know in this build it does not work but i have put up credit for it since it is in there)

I can't put in pictures since last time it just turned them into the picture hexcode or whatever its called
I will provide a download link below(sorry i could not make an installer since it said i could only upload 5 or something files a day):
[attachment=2106:flixosmetrobeta1.zip]
If you don't know how to put files on a computer without using pastebin, simply read the below instructions:
Spoiler

1. Go to your minecraft folder(i know on Windows it is located at "%appData%/.minecraft"
2. Go to the saves folder, then go to the folder named after the world with the computer you would like to install FlixOS on.
3. Go to the "computer" folder.
4. Go back to minecraft and on the computer you want to install it on, type id.
5. Go back to the file browser.
6. Click on the folder that has the number that appeared on the Computer.
7. Right-Drag the files from the "(software name" .zip file.
8. Click the option on the menu that comes up "Copy here".
9. Enjoy, FlixOS Metro Beta 1 is now installed.

See you when the next FlixOS Metro update/beta release comes out.
And until then, kickstart on
DannySMc #2
Posted 26 January 2015 - 08:24 PM
Hey man, add some images :D/> as I'm on my phone!:') and yes probably wait before posting until you got a download link!:)/>
TheKickstart #3
Posted 27 January 2015 - 01:28 PM
Hey man, add some images :D/> as I'm on my phone!:') and yes probably wait before posting until you got a download link! :)/>
Did you read this properly?
It said:
I can't put in pictures since last time it just turned them into the picture hexcode or whatever its called

I will do it when i know how to.
Edited on 27 January 2015 - 12:36 PM
DannySMc #4
Posted 27 January 2015 - 05:37 PM
Hey man, add some images :D/> as I'm on my phone!:') and yes probably wait before posting until you got a download link! :)/>
Did you read this properly?
It said:

I will do it when i know how to.

1. How rude.
2. You could of added them to another site and linked them.
3. You're on a forum. Ask for help.
_removed #5
Posted 27 January 2015 - 05:41 PM
Please do me a favour and put it on pastebin.
Lemmmy #6
Posted 29 January 2015 - 09:02 PM
I like the idea of basing it on the existing Metro design however I think it reflects the UI of LuaIDE more than it does Metro. Still, you have made good progress and it definitely seems to have been aided by the use of Bedrock. I look forward to seeing a functional Desktop. I have also done the liberty of taking screenshots (via ccEmuRedux for now)

Spoiler

Edited on 29 January 2015 - 08:03 PM
biggest yikes #7
Posted 16 February 2015 - 10:55 PM
PKG File (run as you would with a regular lua program to install)
Edited on 16 February 2015 - 09:58 PM
TheKickstart #8
Posted 22 February 2015 - 07:27 PM
I think it reflects the UI of LuaIDE more than it does Metro.
I tried to make it look slightly like Windows 8, but it looks more like LuaIDE due to it only capable of showing 16 colours