This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
ETHANATOR360's profile picture

combat turtle

Started by ETHANATOR360, 21 June 2012 - 02:06 AM
ETHANATOR360 #1
Posted 21 June 2012 - 04:06 AM
combat turtle is crafted like a mining turtle exept it uses a sword instead of a pickaxe. it can detect mobs of a certain kind (example: turtle.detectMob ("pig") ) or somthing like that. please tell me what you think of my idea. :P/>/>
ETHANATOR360 #2
Posted 21 June 2012 - 04:08 AM
i came up with another command turtle.attack()
KaoS #3
Posted 21 June 2012 - 07:42 AM
nice one. I assume it will be a diamond sword. it will need a patrol function where it scans for mobs and attacks them if they are hostile. it will then also have to have a life amount and a way to detect it so you can tell the turtle to run away. there is a lot that will have to be done to get it working and balanced but not a bad concept
Mtdj2 #4
Posted 21 June 2012 - 08:57 AM
I think the turtle can call "dig" and damage mobs, not sure.
But, nice suggestion!
ETHANATOR360 #5
Posted 21 June 2012 - 02:51 PM
nice one. I assume it will be a diamond sword. it will need a patrol function where it scans for mobs and attacks them if they are hostile. it will then also have to have a life amount and a way to detect it so you can tell the turtle to run away. there is a lot that will have to be done to get it working and balanced but not a bad concept
it will be a diamond sword and it will be a ton of fun on PvP
example pvp program:
while turtle.detectMob (steve,30) do – searches for a steve (player) in a 30 block radius
turtle.attack (steve) – if steve is detected it will attack him
turtle.getHealth() –saves turtles current health as variable
if health == < 5 then – checks turtles heath
turtle.returnHome() – home will be an x/y coord that you can set with the home program
end
end