This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
cdel's profile picture

CCJam 2.0?

Started by cdel, 21 March 2015 - 11:21 AM
cdel #1
Posted 21 March 2015 - 12:21 PM
I never got to be apart of the CC Jam competition, and I would really like to. I'm making this topic to just raise the idea of another competition within the community, it would truly be a brilliant experience.
_removed #2
Posted 21 March 2015 - 01:10 PM
I was thinking of something along the lines of this, you beat me to it of course :P/>
AssossaGPB #3
Posted 21 March 2015 - 04:31 PM
I support this idea! I would definitely participate if I'm not busy.
CrazedProgrammer #4
Posted 21 March 2015 - 04:45 PM
That would be awesome!
We need someone who's good with these kinds of events to organize it.
DannySMc #5
Posted 21 March 2015 - 07:59 PM
This is a good idea and I would love to create the event! Of course unless we need an admin to do it?
Lignum #6
Posted 21 March 2015 - 09:49 PM
This is a good idea and I would love to create the event! Of course unless we need an admin to do it?

No, we don't. At least we didn't last time. So, please do go ahead and do it! I really enjoyed the last one and I'd love to participate in another.
DannySMc #7
Posted 21 March 2015 - 09:52 PM

No, we don't. At least we didn't last time. So, please do go ahead and do it! I really enjoyed the last one and I'd love to participate in another.

I would love to, so shall let's get some ideas of things to make and I shall make a post :P/> what should the prize be? ;)/> also where shall I post it? General or forum games?

I shall look at a few ideas tonight and start a post tomorrow :P/>
Edited on 21 March 2015 - 08:52 PM
_removed #8
Posted 21 March 2015 - 09:54 PM

I would love to, so shall let's get some ideas of things to make and I shall make a post :P/> what should the prize be? ;)/> also where shall I post it? General or forum games?

I was going to do some stuff like that, but you beat me! 1 hours worth of PHP scripts, all useless.
DannySMc #9
Posted 21 March 2015 - 10:00 PM

I was going to do some stuff like that, but you beat me! 1 hours worth of PHP scripts, all useless.

Well I am not making a web page for it? I am just making a Lua based competition on a certain category and then the best one we shall host somewhere not sure yet :P/> but I am looking at awesome ideas now :P/> will set one up tomorrow.
AssossaGPB #10
Posted 21 March 2015 - 10:28 PM
Prize ideas:
$10 USD
100k Krist
Special Forum Rank
Steam Games (I can supply some)

Any other ideas?
DannySMc #11
Posted 21 March 2015 - 10:41 PM
Prize ideas:
$10 USD
100k Krist
Special Forum Rank
Steam Games (I can supply some)

Any other ideas?

Money (NOOOOOO), that's silly,
Hmm Krist is a good idea, I can offer a spot on my app store as a featured program, maybe ask Admin for a rank?
cdel #12
Posted 21 March 2015 - 11:14 PM
I don't think money is a terrible idea, a small amount is good for a tech junkie (renew a domain perhaps?). I also really like the idea of Steam Games.

Edit: ComputerCraft merch as a prize?
Edited on 21 March 2015 - 10:17 PM
DannySMc #13
Posted 22 March 2015 - 12:07 AM
I don't think money is a terrible idea, a small amount is good for a tech junkie (renew a domain perhaps?). I also really like the idea of Steam Games.

Edit: ComputerCraft merch as a prize?

Yeah maybe and who would be willing to pay the "winner"?
cdel #14
Posted 22 March 2015 - 12:26 AM
Perhaps a shared effort amoung the judges or something similar?
DannySMc #15
Posted 22 March 2015 - 12:27 AM
Perhaps a shared effort amoung the judges or something similar?

Hmm well we best get some judges…
cdel #16
Posted 22 March 2015 - 12:30 AM
What categories will they be judged on? Design, Complexity, etc
DannySMc #17
Posted 22 March 2015 - 12:37 AM
What categories will they be judged on? Design, Complexity, etc

Well I am looking at maybe some kind of program that uses advanced computers, I want it personally to provide some kind of functionality to a minecrafter. Now this sounds silly but ComputerCraft is a mod that adds computers? It doesn't add some new form of transport etc, people are too busy making over the top programs and OS's but when I play Minecraft I play Minecraft with mods, I use my computers for door locks and writing notes, as well as sending messages to the server :P/> So I would love to see some kind of program that will do the following:
  • Provide some kind of functionality to a user, this being it will be able to help a user in the Minecraft process whether that being a door lock (which I would rather it's not) or some kind of turtle control program
  • It has to look pretty, the design needs to be intuitive and super easy to use for anyone,
  • It needs to provide functions that are useful and helpful
  • Of course it can be complex but it is the functionality not some stupid animation
My proposal is the above something that is built well and provides useful functionality to someone who has never played the ComputerCraft mod (or just started) and has come here and said I need something to show me how USEFUL ComputerCraft is. It needs to be designed well so it is easy to use.

How to get marks:
  • Functionality
  • Design
Marks down
  • Bugs
  • Functions that don't work
  • Over complex
  • Hard to use
  • Not designed well enough
That okay?
cdel #18
Posted 22 March 2015 - 12:39 AM
Yeah they're good, you made some really good points. :)/> Perhaps we should "manage" it?
DannySMc #19
Posted 22 March 2015 - 12:41 AM
Yeah they're good, you made some really good points. :)/> Perhaps we should "manage" it?
I think we should, would you like to make the post? or shall I? If I do, do you wish to make the content I shall post it and link you as the other judge alongside me?
cdel #20
Posted 22 March 2015 - 12:43 AM
I think you should probably, you have some excellent ideas i'm sure I wouldn't explain correctly, and yeah linking myself as the other judge would be nice, thank you! :)/>
DannySMc #21
Posted 22 March 2015 - 12:48 AM
I think you should probably, you have some excellent ideas i'm sure I wouldn't explain correctly, and yeah linking myself as the other judge would be nice, thank you! :)/>

That's fine well it is 1 in the morning here so if you want, write me down all your ideas and send it as a PM and explanation and maybe format the post I shall add mine and we can make sure we are both happy with it as it is both our competition then I can post it :D/> also when you PM me your ideas choose a time I think maybe a week? so everyone can read it and have time :P/>
cdel #22
Posted 22 March 2015 - 12:53 AM
Okay, sounds good!
DannySMc #23
Posted 22 March 2015 - 12:55 AM
Okay, sounds good!

Sorted!! :D/>
_removed #24
Posted 22 March 2015 - 08:19 AM
Okay, sounds good!

Is PHP Lua Available for this? Because I have cool ideas.
DannySMc #25
Posted 22 March 2015 - 11:07 AM
Okay, sounds good!

Is PHP Lua Available for this? Because I have cool ideas.

No not at all, it is a program, it is internal, I want no kind of HTTP because not everyone knows how to use it, therefore it's not fair. So no.
CrazedProgrammer #26
Posted 04 April 2015 - 02:02 PM
When will the competition start? I'm going to Berlin from the 21st to the 24th of april and I can't program there.
Zambonie #27
Posted 04 April 2015 - 09:13 PM
I can take over the competition if you guys have seemed to abandon it by any chance.

When will the competition start? I'm going to Berlin from the 21st to the 24th of april and I can't program there.

You are apparently in the same situation I was in the last CCJam in June :P/>
DannySMc #28
Posted 04 April 2015 - 09:48 PM
I can take over the competition if you guys have seemed to abandon it by any chance.

No I plan to make it but we don't have a prize, I have everything set up, if anything can anyone come up with a prize? As I plan to start it next week? Possibly monday? If you guys want, it will run for one week.
Zambonie #29
Posted 04 April 2015 - 10:33 PM

No I plan to make it but we don't have a prize, I have everything set up, if anything can anyone come up with a prize? As I plan to start it next week? Possibly monday? If you guys want, it will run for one week.

Like Assossa said he is willing to give steam games, that can probably be for a 1'st place prize. A member title for 2'nd/3'rd place? I can't really think of anything else except KST prizes.
DannySMc #30
Posted 05 April 2015 - 01:41 PM
Yeah okay well that is an awesome idea then, well we shall need something for 2nd and 3rd place and then we can go, this is what me and cdel got stuck on :P/>
H4X0RZ #31
Posted 05 April 2015 - 04:19 PM
I think I finished my program for the CC Jam, before it even started xD (jk)
(This is just a joke, don't take this serious :P/>)
(Actually this is a real program I made xD)
do

pastebin get CMwuF6nN <name>

and then do

<name> rainbow

Feel the power of the rainbow!

#EDIIIIIIIIIIIIITTTTTT:
THIS IS MY DAMN 666th POST!!!
Edited on 05 April 2015 - 05:37 PM
kornichen #32
Posted 05 April 2015 - 06:03 PM
How about a turtle for the 2nd or 3rd place?
http://www.shapeways.com/product/LPPUFCXEV/turtle?li=shop-results&optionId=43712807
DannySMc #33
Posted 05 April 2015 - 11:28 PM
How about a turtle for the 2nd or 3rd place?
http://www.shapeways...tionId=43712807

Yeah maybe, will set up some donations for people to donate to the end prize!
Zambonie #34
Posted 06 April 2015 - 01:02 AM
It'd rather be a nice idea to host it this week, due to the large amount of people who have spring break this weak.

So official prizes are maybe?
1'st) Steam game
2'nd) Turtle
3'rd) Custom member title
DannySMc #35
Posted 06 April 2015 - 01:39 PM
It'd rather be a nice idea to host it this week, due to the large amount of people who have spring break this weak.

So official prizes are maybe?
1'st) Steam game
2'nd) Turtle
3'rd) Custom member title

Yeah they are possible, custom member title will have to be done via admin not me
ItsRodrick #36
Posted 07 April 2015 - 01:13 AM
I think every winner should get a custom member title, such as "CC Jam 2.0 - First/Second/Third Place". Or else only the third would be recognizable
DannySMc #37
Posted 07 April 2015 - 09:26 AM
I think every winner should get a custom member title, such as "CC Jam 2.0 - First/Second/Third Place". Or else only the third would be recognizable

I did post above we have to get an admin to allow this, I can't set them. I will ask but I shall add a poll at the top you will need to say yes and we shall show it to the current admin to allow this.

I never got to be apart of the CC Jam competition, and I would really like to. I'm making this topic to just raise the idea of another competition within the community, it would truly be a brilliant experience.

Can you add a poll about member titles on this topic, so we can persuade admins to allow it.
Zambonie #38
Posted 09 April 2015 - 02:31 AM

I did post above we have to get an admin to allow this, I can't set them. I will ask but I shall add a poll at the top you will need to say yes and we shall show it to the current admin to allow this.

Can you add a poll about member titles on this topic, so we can persuade admins to allow it.

Your going to have to do something yourself, He's banned from the forum until June or so :|
DannySMc #39
Posted 09 April 2015 - 09:02 AM

Your going to have to do something yourself, He's banned from the forum until June or so :|

Who is banned sorry?
Zambonie #40
Posted 09 April 2015 - 05:00 PM

Who is banned sorry?

cdel.
DannySMc #41
Posted 09 April 2015 - 05:15 PM
- snip -
cdel.

WHY?!?!?!
Zambonie #42
Posted 09 April 2015 - 05:56 PM

At least from what he said, his brother posted a link that leads to a NSFW place..
Edited on 10 April 2015 - 07:23 PM
DannySMc #43
Posted 09 April 2015 - 08:04 PM

At least from what he said, his brother posted a link that does lead to a place you don't want to go.

Oh right?:S
MKlegoman357 #44
Posted 10 April 2015 - 06:56 PM
At least it's a temporary ban though, Connor actually seems like a good guy.
DannySMc #45
Posted 10 April 2015 - 07:15 PM
At least it's a temporary ban though, Connor actually seems like a good guy.

Yeah I don't see what he has done…:/