This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
LDDestroier's profile picture

[Question] How do I install/live boot Ubuntu TOUCH on a PC?

Started by LDDestroier, 22 March 2015 - 12:41 AM
LDDestroier #1
Posted 22 March 2015 - 01:41 AM
Since I've been having trouble with the ubuntu emulator (I used the ubuntu-sdk), I was wondering if I could simply boot into the Ubuntu Touch interface on my PC, not a phone or tablet or phablet. Is it possible? I've googled it but all I could find is how to install touch onto a phone/tablet, not a tower PC. Help?

I want to be able to get an ISO file, if possible.
Edited on 22 March 2015 - 12:41 AM
Lupus590 #2
Posted 22 March 2015 - 01:57 PM
phones and tablets run on a different CPU architecture that desktop/laptop computers (ARM/x86) as such, there may not be a build for touch that will run on x86.

You could try to compile your own. (I think ubuntu is open source, also prepare for a lot of strange behaviour)
Edited on 22 March 2015 - 12:57 PM
DannySMc #3
Posted 23 March 2015 - 10:52 AM
Since I've been having trouble with the ubuntu emulator (I used the ubuntu-sdk), I was wondering if I could simply boot into the Ubuntu Touch interface on my PC, not a phone or tablet or phablet. Is it possible? I've googled it but all I could find is how to install touch onto a phone/tablet, not a tower PC. Help?

I want to be able to get an ISO file, if possible.
Yes it can be done, but like Lupus590 said, it doesn't always work… "the same".
cdel #4
Posted 23 March 2015 - 11:52 AM
I am aware that you have a raspberry pi, you could even try running it on that considering the ARM architecture.
DannySMc #5
Posted 23 March 2015 - 12:38 PM
Yes the raspberry pi would run it, but not very well (experience)