This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
Terra1's profile picture

Turtle Camera

Started by Terra1, 22 March 2015 - 02:35 PM
Terra1 #1
Posted 22 March 2015 - 03:35 PM
the idea of the camera is to attach it to a turtle and then you access the turtle and enable the camera after the turtle is placed then you access a computer with remote control of the turtle and you get to see what the turtle is doing from the camera
the camera can be used for several purposes for example spying advanced manual mining and going in a dangerous area such as deep underwater where a human wont survive you can simply place a turtle with a camera and go deep underwater seeing what is in front of the camera simply from a computer
KingofGamesYami #2
Posted 22 March 2015 - 06:55 PM
How will I view this image? On another computer with horrible resolution? What programming aspects are there to this? Can I program the camera easily?
MKlegoman357 #3
Posted 22 March 2015 - 08:11 PM
IMO, this does't fit the mod. But, this would be a fantastic peripheral mod! Here's how I imagine it: there would be a camera and a remote controller, both connected somehow, if within a reasonable range. The camera could either act as a peripheral for computers or as a peripheral for turtles. Whenever you opened the remote it would show you the view of the camera's perspective. The remote would send any key events to the camera, which would then queue them on the computer or turtle. On a turtle the camera could be rotated up and down programically, as a standalone peripheral - up, down, left, right. This mod would just be plain awesomeness, imagine how remotely controlled turtles would become interesting :D/>
Edited on 22 March 2015 - 07:12 PM
MisterSanderson #4
Posted 16 April 2015 - 03:33 AM
Looks good, but appears to be hard to program.
Anavrins #5
Posted 16 April 2015 - 01:39 PM
turtle.inspect is pretty much the next best thing after the camera.
I dont see how someone could 'view' a camera only from a CLI, knowing what block is next to the turtle is far enough for most cases.
Lupus590 #6
Posted 16 April 2015 - 01:47 PM
an addon mod did add a 'camera' it was more of a ray casting radar, but it could tell you how far away blocks are

the mod is computertronics