This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
Dog's profile picture

[Gopher's Peripherals - Biolocks] == InnKeeper ==

Started by Dog, 04 April 2015 - 06:03 PM
Dog #1
Posted 04 April 2015 - 08:03 PM
InnKeeper is a basic hotel/base room/door management system for use with the biometric locks in Gopher's Peripherals.

At its most basic level, it allows you to assign scanners to rooms. From there, you add guests to the rooms and they are automatically added to that room's scanners.

InnKeeper supports up to 999 rooms; with up to four scanners, five guests, and five messages/notes assigned to a room. Staff members are added via settings and are automatically added to all scanners in the system.

InnKeeper also features a simple guest search built-in: Find any guest, and their room number, quickly and easily.

Much like real business software, InnKeeper is slightly obtuse and poorly documented. But the support should be OK.

SpoilerTypical Setup
(While this picture shows two biolocks per door, only one biolock is *required* per door. A single biolock can be used for entry and a pressure plate can be used for exit)
[attachment=2197:Typical Setup.jpg]
Main Screen …. Settings Screen
[attachment=2198:MainScreen.png] [attachment=2199:SettingsScreen.png]
Search Screen .. Room Screen
[attachment=2200:SearchResults.png] [attachment=2201:RoomScreen.png]

SpoilerMinecraft 1.7.10 (or 1.6.4)
ComputerCraft 1.73-1.75 (or 1.58)
Gopher's Peripherals 2.2 (or 2.13)

Advanced Computer
At least 1 biolock

SpoilerNot all of InnKeeper's features are apparent or obvious at first. Some important things to know:

- Left click the big X at the top right of a screen to exit that screen

- Right click the big X at the top right of the main screen to password lock the program

- Left click the light gray room number field in any room screen to change the room number

- Left click the gray '#' to the right of the room # in any room screen to reorder your rooms
  - Room # and room order are stored separately - room # does not affect room order and room order does not affect room #

- All 'paged' dialogues (room list, staff list, scanner list, search results) can be scrolled with the mouse wheel

- Pop-up dialogues with no input fields or buttons can be dismissed with a click of the mouse

- Click on the page number in the main screen to select a page to jump to (feature available when there is more than 1 page)

- The first time a room is added, it should have 1 or more scanners assigned to it before being marked 'Available'
  - A reminder note is created in each new room's messages section to this effect

- InnKeeper does it's best to minimize the steps necessary to complete certain tasks...
  - For example, setting a room to 'Available' will clear all guests and notes/messages automatically
  - Setting a room to 'Unavailable' will clear all guests and prevent the addition of new guests, notes/messages will be preserved
  - Adding a guest to an 'Available' room will automatically put that room into 'Reserved' status
  - When a room is marked 'Occupied' the Check-IN time will be logged and displayed in the room property sheet automatically
  - When a room is marked 'Checkout' the check-OUT time will be logged and displayed in the room property sheet automatically
  - If a guest chooses to stay after already initiating checkout, simply place the room back in 'Occupied' status and the original Check-IN time will be preserved
  - An occupied room may be marked for 'Service' - no changes will be made to the data

- New guests and staff need to be scanned in while the new guest/staff dialogue is open

- The guest count shows all guests in occupancy (reserved rooms are not included)

- Guests can be looked up by name with the search feature
  - Searching for ? will show basic search help
  - Searching for * will show all guests in occupancy and reservation status
	- This means search results can total higher than occupancy count
  - Searching for *o will show all guests in occupancy only
  - Searching for *r will show all guests in reservation only

- Guests or staff members listed in red are in the InnKeeper database, but not programmed into the associated scanner(s)
  - This is normal behavior for guests in Reserved rooms - guests aren't added to the scanners until the room is marked Occupied

- It is possible to remove all scanners from a room in any state ('Occupied', 'Service', etc.) - room state will not change
  - This allows scanners to be reassigned as necessary without reseting all data
  - Be careful when doing this, it is possible to leave an occupied room without any assigned scanners

- While the default number of users per scanner (for the physical biolock) is limited to 16 accounts per scanner this can be increased by editing the config for Gopher's Peripherals
  - InnKeeper does NOT limit the number of staff that can be added - keep this in mind when adding staff members...
	- any more than 11 staff and you won't be able to add the full 5 guests to a room's scanners unless the Gopher's Perihperals config file is edited to allow more accounts per scanner

- Upon startup InnKeeper looks for both its settings file and its room assignments file - if either is missing, Innkeeper preserves any data found and initiates first time setup

- InnKeeper LOCKS all scanners with the master scanner password to prevent unauthorized reprogramming
  - If you wish to use the scanners elsewhere you'll need to unlock them in order to reprogram them
	- This can be accomplished, on a per scanner basis or en masse, with BioPup

Spoiler

- ComputerCraft network cables are limited to 256 segments per network (iirc) so this will limit the size and scope of larger builds - the 'repeat' program can be used to extend this limit by placing 'repeater' computers between segments as needed.

- InnKeeper is a single computer solution, so larger or busier locations may wish to manage their facility with multiple computers each running their own copy of InnKeeper and each managing a portion of the facility

- InnKeeper does not encrypt the passwords selected during setup - they are stored in plain text

- InnKeeper only supports a single state per room - for example, a room that is occupied can not also be reserved for the next guest simultaneously

- InnKeeper doesn't have a timed messaging system (so no automatic wake up calls, etc.)

- InnKeeper checks for missing and rogue scanners on startup, but does not do checks during operation

- Guests are assigned per room - there is no 'main' guest list and no direct way to move guests between rooms
  - Rooms, however, may be renumbered and reordered, and scanners may be assigned/de-assigned as necessary

- All changes (additions/removals/etc) are made in 'real-time' - there is no save or undo

- The following are enforced limitations based on room status:
  - A room marked 'Unavailable' will not allow guests to be added or removed
  - A room marked 'Service' or will not allow guests to be added but will allow them to be removed
  - A room marked 'Occupied', 'Reserved', 'Checkout', or 'Service' will not allow the daily rate to be changed
  - Only a room marked 'Available' or 'Unavailable' may have its daily rate changed or be deleted

SpoilerPastebin: Lj7Zw0nz
ComputerCraft: pastebin get Lj7Zw0nz startup

As always, my sincere gratitude and thanks to everyone who made this possible; especially Gopher and Lyqyd for both of their work on Gopher's Peripherals! Special thanks to theoriginalbit for his custom read function.
Edited on 12 December 2016 - 04:34 AM
GopherAtl #2
Posted 04 April 2015 - 08:28 PM
always nice to see people use my mod :D/>

A note though, it looks like you've got a pair of biolocks for each door, one for entering and one for exiting. Any reason? Because normally, I'd just use a pressure plate to exit, since it's only people entering the room I'm concerned with securing.
Dog #3
Posted 04 April 2015 - 08:56 PM
always nice to see people use my mod :D/>

A note though, it looks like you've got a pair of biolocks for each door, one for entering and one for exiting. Any reason? Because normally, I'd just use a pressure plate to exit, since it's only people entering the room I'm concerned with securing.
It's a fun mod to develop for and use - thanks for making such a cool mod for everyone!

Pressure plates are a better solution for exiting…good point. There should be nothing stopping someone from setting it up that way since the program allows for 1-4 biolocks per room and doesn't track door state (something I considered, but ultimately chose not to implement). I'll either change the screenshot or add something to the OP about pressure plates.

Thanks for pointing that out :)/>

EDIT: Added a blurb with the first screenshot
Edited on 04 April 2015 - 09:03 PM
NIXNE #4
Posted 06 May 2015 - 02:34 PM
Hi,

I have been looking for something like this CC program for a while as my Lua is not up to scratch to create something like this so a huge thanks for this! I just have a couple of questions about the program though:-
1. If I were to use this on a public server are there any specific mentions you would like?
2. is it possible to modify this for my specific environment?
Dog #5
Posted 06 May 2015 - 05:08 PM
Hey NIXNE,

To answer your questions:

1. You don't need to give me any mentions on the server if you use InnKeeper, but thank you for asking :)/>
2. That all depends on what you mean by 'modify'. Let me know what you need.
Aaronstar #6
Posted 06 June 2015 - 01:22 AM
can i connect locks with wireless modems?
Dog #7
Posted 06 June 2015 - 01:32 AM
can i connect locks with wireless modems?
Unfortunately, no. ComputerCraft wireless modems don't provide a 'direct' means of remotely connecting to and wrapping peripherals. To do it wirelessly you'd need to have a computer with a wireless modem for each door which InnKeeper isn't designed for.
Aaronstar #8
Posted 06 June 2015 - 01:34 AM
o, ok thanks anyway
Dog #9
Posted 06 June 2015 - 02:29 AM
You're welcome :)/>
PokeAcer #10
Posted 08 June 2015 - 09:09 PM
Awesome! I've started to build a hotel on my server using this. 3 block floors, in the middle is the gap for wired networking.
Dog #11
Posted 10 June 2015 - 01:38 AM
That's why I wrote InnKeeper :)/> I was on a server that had a hotel, but no way to manage the guests or doors. Please post some screenshots when you get it built, I'd love to see it!
KeeganDeathman #12
Posted 19 June 2015 - 01:39 AM
Gonna use this for an apartment building
Dog #13
Posted 19 June 2015 - 02:34 AM
Why are they called apartments when they're all so close together? :P/>

If you're so inclined, please post a screenshot or two when you're done - I'd definitely like to see it!
PokeAcer #14
Posted 26 June 2015 - 10:54 PM
BTW, quick suggestion:
Why not make a rednet section so instead of me having to build 3 block thick dividers to get the biolocks connected to downstairs, you connect one floor to a computer, designate it as floor x and then you just see 'floor 1 > biolock_0 biolock_1' etc..
And AFAIK the biolock for main floor doesn't open a door, unless I was using it wrong. It'd scan my print, but not open that door even when I was set as staff.

But even so, I'm still gonna be using it. My server's on a hiatus ATM but as soon as I have rebuilt the world (the old one was too cramped) I'll have my hotel ready.
Dog #15
Posted 26 June 2015 - 11:24 PM
That's an good idea, I like it. I don't think I can work it into InnKeeper, but I'll see if I'm able to do it. Either way I'll keep that in mind for a future project.

The 'main' biolock is not meant for doors, it is meant to be at the front desk so you can scan in new guests and staff - then InnKeeper programs all the other biolocks from that information. I recommend having the front desk biolock face toward the lobby/guest area so it's easy for guests to swipe the scanner when you're adding them to their room.

If you have any other questions or suggestions, please let me know :)/>
Edited on 26 June 2015 - 09:25 PM
PokeAcer #16
Posted 27 June 2015 - 11:44 AM
That's an good idea, I like it. I don't think I can work it into InnKeeper, but I'll see if I'm able to do it. Either way I'll keep that in mind for a future project.

The 'main' biolock is not meant for doors, it is meant to be at the front desk so you can scan in new guests and staff - then InnKeeper programs all the other biolocks from that information. I recommend having the front desk biolock face toward the lobby/guest area so it's easy for guests to swipe the scanner when you're adding them to their room.

If you have any other questions or suggestions, please let me know :)/>
Ah, OK. I have a fix - just make another 'room' and make it permanently occupied by a staff member, then all staff get auto-added anyway. Cost = 0
Dog #17
Posted 27 June 2015 - 05:06 PM

Ah, OK. I have a fix - just make another 'room' and make it permanently occupied by a staff member, then all staff get auto-added anyway. Cost = 0
I'm not sure what you mean by 'a fix'. Are you trying to get around using the front desk scanner? I'm not sure what you're trying to do.
Edited on 27 June 2015 - 03:17 PM
PokeAcer #18
Posted 27 June 2015 - 05:42 PM

I'm not sure what you mean by 'a fix'. Are you trying to get around using the front desk scanner? I'm not sure what you're trying to do.
I mean as in the guest scanner for a room is by the enterance and for the admin section where the computer itself is for reserving has a room assigned to it.
Dog #19
Posted 27 June 2015 - 06:11 PM
Ahh, OK, I gotcha.
Edited on 27 June 2015 - 04:11 PM
DaBlocker #20
Posted 08 December 2016 - 02:43 PM
First of all i think this program is brilliant.

Sometimes my biolocks disappear sometimes and i can't figure out why.

Also i think this suggestion should make it into the next update
and could also we have some kind of thing that guest rooms have a WiRe interface for the lights in the room.
BTW, quick suggestion:
Why not make a rednet section so instead of me having to build 3 block thick dividers to get the biolocks connected to downstairs, you connect one floor to a computer, designate it as floor x and then you just see 'floor 1 > biolock_0 biolock_1' etc..
And AFAIK the biolock for main floor doesn't open a door, unless I was using it wrong. It'd scan my print, but not open that door even when I was set as staff.

But even so, I'm still gonna be using it. My server's on a hiatus ATM but as soon as I have rebuilt the world (the old one was too cramped) I'll have my hotel ready.
Dog #21
Posted 08 December 2016 - 07:37 PM
Thanks, DaBlocker, glad you find InnKeeper useful :)/>

I'm not sure why your biolocks disappear sometimes - I've never experienced that.

InnKeeper is basically complete - I don't have any plans to do anything else with it. But if I decide to do a rewrite or expansion in the future, I'll definitely keep your suggestions in mind.
DaBlocker #22
Posted 09 December 2016 - 12:08 AM
Could you add more features to WiRe like automatic scheduling ?, As I'm constructing a hotel with facade lights and large hallways, it would be nice for the lights to automatically turn off and on at certain times.

Thanks, DaBlocker, glad you find InnKeeper useful :)/>/>

I'm not sure why your biolocks disappear sometimes - I've never experienced that.

InnKeeper is basically complete - I don't have any plans to do anything else with it. But if I decide to do a rewrite or expansion in the future, I'll definitely keep your suggestions in mind.

I am having critical problems with both of your biolock programs, innkeeper can't find the biolocks and if they do they don't stay for long.

Also in BioPup some readers are locked even when they are replaced with new ones.
TheRockettek #23
Posted 09 December 2016 - 12:47 PM
Could you add more features to WiRe like automatic scheduling ?, As I'm constructing a hotel with facade lights and large hallways, it would be nice for the lights to automatically turn off and on at certain times.

Why not just make another program to do that? :D/>
Dog #24
Posted 09 December 2016 - 04:25 PM

As I said, InnKeeper is basically complete and I don't plan to add anything else to it. As Rockettek suggested, a separate program would be the answer here.

I am having critical problems with both of your biolock programs, innkeeper can't find the biolocks and if they do they don't stay for long.

Also in BioPup some readers are locked even when they are replaced with new ones.

I haven't experienced any of those problems - it sounds like a it may bug in Gopher's Peripherals. What versions of MC, CC, and Gopher's Peripherals are you using?
DaBlocker #25
Posted 09 December 2016 - 04:45 PM

As I said, InnKeeper is basically complete and I don't plan to add anything else to it. As Rockettek suggested, a separate program would be the answer here.

I haven't experienced any of those problems - it sounds like a it may bug in Gopher's Peripherals. What versions of MC, CC, and Gopher's Peripherals are you using?

1.7.10, 1.73, 2.2pr1

I mean in WiRe it is excellent but it would be nice if we could have inputs to trigger certain clients etc
Dog #26
Posted 10 December 2016 - 03:34 AM
1.7.10, 1.73, 2.2pr1

That all looks fine. You might want to update to CC 1.75 for the bug fixes.

What do you mean when you say the scanners are disappearing? Are they vanishing from the world or just not showing up in InnKeeper? If they aren't showing up in InnKeeper I would suspect that the ones not showing up aren't chunk loaded.

I mean in WiRe it is excellent but it would be nice if we could have inputs to trigger certain clients etc

It would be nice, but there are a number of reasons I didn't include things like timed events and reminders, room door monitoring, and other ideas including event triggers. It's not something I plan on adding unless I do a rewrite, which I don't currently plan to do.
DaBlocker #27
Posted 10 December 2016 - 04:16 AM
1.7.10, 1.73, 2.2pr1

That all looks fine. You might want to update to CC 1.75 for the bug fixes.

What do you mean when you say the scanners are disappearing? Are they vanishing from the world or just not showing up in InnKeeper? If they aren't showing up in InnKeeper I would suspect that the ones not showing up aren't chunk loaded.

I am sure they are chunk loaded it is really confusing me.
Dog #28
Posted 10 December 2016 - 05:18 AM
Hmmm…I'm unable to duplicate the problem. Nor can I find any problem in reviewing the code. The only things I can think of are that either you've got chunks that aren't actually loaded or there may be a bug in Gopher's Peripherals. How many scanners do you have attached?
DaBlocker #29
Posted 10 December 2016 - 06:30 AM
Hmmm…I'm unable to duplicate the problem. Nor can I find any problem in reviewing the code. The only things I can think of are that either you've got chunks that aren't actually loaded or there may be a bug in Gopher's Peripherals. How many scanners do you have attached?

Tried with 2 and more up to 8
Dog #30
Posted 10 December 2016 - 06:39 AM
That's odd. My test setup has over twenty and I can't induce it to 'lose' any of them, unless I turn off the modems connecting them.

1. Are you playing single or multi player?
2. What mods are you using?
3. What version of Forge are you using?

I'm going to try to duplicate your install and see if I can cause the problem to occur.
DaBlocker #31
Posted 10 December 2016 - 07:13 AM
That's odd. My test setup has over twenty and I can't induce it to 'lose' any of them, unless I turn off the modems connecting them.

1. Are you playing single or multi player?
2. What mods are you using?
3. What version of Forge are you using?

I'm going to try to duplicate your install and see if I can cause the problem to occur.

Forge 10.13.4.1558-1.7.10
Single Player
Edited on 11 December 2016 - 07:51 PM
Dog #32
Posted 10 December 2016 - 04:55 PM
I looked over your list of mods…you have quite a few. Before I try to duplicate your setup, can you setup a test world with just CC and Biolocks and see if you continue to have the problem? My suspicion is that you've got some kind of mod interaction going on that may be causing the problem.
DaBlocker #33
Posted 10 December 2016 - 06:07 PM
I looked over your list of mods…you have quite a few. Before I try to duplicate your setup, can you setup a test world with just CC and Biolocks and see if you continue to have the problem? My suspicion is that you've got some kind of mod interaction going on that may be causing the problem.

Sure will try tomorrow
DaBlocker #34
Posted 11 December 2016 - 06:44 AM

Sure will try tomorrow

Had a clean up of my mods and tried it in a new world with just cc and biolocks, It was working fine until i loaded my mods back.
Edited on 11 December 2016 - 06:43 PM
Dog #35
Posted 11 December 2016 - 07:31 PM
With the number of mods you have and the number of errors in your log file, I'd say you still have some cleaning up to do.

If you want to try to get rid of some of the errors I'd start with CC and Biolocks, then add mods, one by one, until the errors start appearing in the log file. That'll help you identify which mod or mods are creating all those errors in your log file.

If you're still having problems with the Biolocks (you didn't say either way), do the same for figuring out which mod(s) is/are messing up the Biolocks. Start with CC and Biolocks and add mods, one by one, until you start having problems with the Biolocks.

It probably won't be a quick process (and I realize it won't be fun); but that's the only suggestion I have for you since the problem(s) clearly seem to be caused by one or more of the other mods you are loading.
DaBlocker #36
Posted 11 December 2016 - 07:43 PM
I am going to remove the torch levers mod, all the immibis stuff and try to reinstall the carpenters mod to try to fix the Skipping BlockEntity with id trapDoorTileEntity errors,

​I can't really remove any more mods as they are all used in my main world,
but i will try loading mods in one at a time and see what causes the issues
Edited on 11 December 2016 - 07:10 PM
DaBlocker #37
Posted 11 December 2016 - 08:10 PM
Just updated a few of my mods and it didn't change anything with the Skipping BlockEntity errors,
I had a look over the logs and the biolocks are seeing the computers.
DaBlocker #38
Posted 11 December 2016 - 08:33 PM
Ok just updated my mods, it is weird as a computer running BioPup can see the biolocks but they are locked even when they are freshly placed but innkeeper can't see them at all.

It is boggling my mind trying to figure this out.
DaBlocker #39
Posted 11 December 2016 - 08:53 PM
I fixed the issue by deleting the contents of the BioLock folder in my save file and deleting the files of the computer running innkeeper, it is working perfectly fine now after multiple reboots :)/>
Edited on 11 December 2016 - 07:53 PM
Dog #40
Posted 11 December 2016 - 11:30 PM
Glad you got it working! That's odd that freshly placed Biolocks were locked - that definitely sounds like a bug in the mod or a strange mod interaction. I didn't fully understand what you were describing before (my fault), so now I'm pretty sure I know why BioPup was seeing the Biolocks and InnKeeper wasn't. For future reference, the reason InnKeeper wasn't seeing the Biolocks is because InnKeeper won't 'see' Biolocks it can't lock/unlock with it's master password. OTOH, BioPup can 'see' all Biolocks, regardless of the password used to lock them.
DaBlocker #41
Posted 12 December 2016 - 03:10 AM
Glad you got it working! That's odd that freshly placed Biolocks were locked - that definitely sounds like a bug in the mod or a strange mod interaction. I didn't fully understand what you were describing before (my fault), so now I'm pretty sure I know why BioPup was seeing the Biolocks and InnKeeper wasn't. For future reference, the reason InnKeeper wasn't seeing the Biolocks is because InnKeeper won't 'see' Biolocks it can't lock/unlock with it's master password. OTOH, BioPup can 'see' all Biolocks, regardless of the password used to lock them.

Thanks for helping, your programs are the best in the computercraft community.
Edited on 12 December 2016 - 02:11 AM
Dog #42
Posted 12 December 2016 - 05:18 AM
For the little help I provided, you're very welcome!

And thank you for the compliment - they're always welcome :)/>
Aaronstar #43
Posted 07 January 2017 - 08:21 PM
is it possible to have the system trigger a prb when the biolock is correct instead of having the biolock output a redstone signal?
Dog #44
Posted 08 January 2017 - 01:40 AM
Hey Aaronstar. I'm sorry to say that's not possible. If I ever do a rewrite, I'll consider that functionality.
Aaronstar #45
Posted 08 January 2017 - 03:54 AM
herm… im trying to set it up so my base doors respond only to my fistprint…
Dog #46
Posted 08 January 2017 - 03:59 AM
The simple answer, in that case, is to only authorize yourself to open them - so I feel like I'm missing something here. Are you only using the master scanner or are you assigning rooms as well?
Aaronstar #47
Posted 08 January 2017 - 03:59 AM
also, it is not working…
Dog #48
Posted 08 January 2017 - 04:00 AM
What's not working?
Aaronstar #49
Posted 08 January 2017 - 04:09 AM
when i rightclick the scanner after it all is set up, nothing happens…

o… i accidentally chose the wrong powerstate, how do i edit the settings file?
Edited on 08 January 2017 - 03:04 AM
Aaronstar #50
Posted 08 January 2017 - 04:17 AM
fixed it slightly
Dog #51
Posted 08 January 2017 - 04:12 PM
So what is the situation now? Is it working or are you still having issues?
Aaronstar #52
Posted 09 January 2017 - 01:49 PM
system works if i chunckload it, and i can only do about half of what i wanted, i will send screenshots, but it will probably be a few days
Aaronstar #53
Posted 09 January 2017 - 01:55 PM
sorry, i only see certain messages because i forget to refresh
Dog #54
Posted 09 January 2017 - 04:29 PM
OK, screenshots will be helpful. And yes, you'll need to make sure the computer and all the biolocks are chunk-loaded or there will be problems.
Aaronstar #55
Posted 09 January 2017 - 05:49 PM
yes, apparently the computer, and the computer modem were in different chunks, and the computer seemed to forget the two biolocks were assigned to a door.
Dog #56
Posted 09 January 2017 - 06:37 PM
Is it all working correctly now?
Aaronstar #57
Posted 09 January 2017 - 06:40 PM
yes, though i did have to pack everything up again because of an imminent server map reset (though inventories are kept)
Edited on 09 January 2017 - 05:41 PM
Dog #58
Posted 09 January 2017 - 07:13 PM
Glad to hear it's all working for you now - sorry to hear about the map reset - let me know if you have any other questions or problems.