This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
Azeyrt's profile picture

I need help :P

Started by Azeyrt, 28 June 2012 - 03:37 PM
Azeyrt #1
Posted 28 June 2012 - 05:37 PM
I want a pro to go on the server i play on and help me with all of the commputer craft thing like commands, and turtles and such, warning Im a complete noob.
kazagistar #2
Posted 03 July 2012 - 02:05 AM
To learn computercraft is to learn programming, and learning programming is hard. Not hard in the "its hard to make a cool minecraft castle" sort of way either; it is hard as in "you can get payed six digits a year salary for your expertise" sort of way. We love computercraft, and we love helping people learn to program, but it is just not reasonable for anyone to just "tell you all the things". To be able to do any of the more complex things that are posted on this forum requires the equivalent knowledge of around two years of university Computer Science education. That is not to say you can't pick it up, but you are probably going to have to work your way through some of the wiki tutorials on your own, and come with specific requests that are solvable.
Pinkishu #3
Posted 04 July 2012 - 03:13 PM
To learn computercraft is to learn programming, and learning programming is hard. Not hard in the "its hard to make a cool minecraft castle" sort of way either; it is hard as in "you can get payed six digits a year salary for your expertise" sort of way. We love computercraft, and we love helping people learn to program, but it is just not reasonable for anyone to just "tell you all the things". To be able to do any of the more complex things that are posted on this forum requires the equivalent knowledge of around two years of university Computer Science education. That is not to say you can't pick it up, but you are probably going to have to work your way through some of the wiki tutorials on your own, and come with specific requests that are solvable.

I dunno.. I agree its not the most ideal thing to be asked for
but imo thats more due to lack of server information

Some servers have companies which might "hire" coders to do the coding stuff they need
Some servers might wants coders to code stuff for the server
I can actually see people being interested in both those ways - just here the lack of actual information seems bad :P/>/>
Deathknight0897 #4
Posted 05 July 2012 - 06:55 AM
i mean if you want stuff done i guess i could maybe but i agree with you have been very vague on details if you tell us what you want i may be interested i always like a challenge