This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
LDDestroier's profile picture

[1.7.10][Cauldron] Using pocket computer on a block kicks client

Started by LDDestroier, 26 April 2015 - 05:41 PM
LDDestroier #1
Posted 26 April 2015 - 07:41 PM
I was using Cauldron 1381.06.221 for my server, and every time I used a pocket computer of any type while I was looking at a block in mining range, it kicked my client. This is a bug for Cauldron, not ComputerCraft (doesn't crash in singleplayer), but I think the problem would be fixed if something changed in CC. It's a huge problem, and exists in LurCraft as well as mine.

Part of log when being kicked (I am EldidiStroyrr):

[14:05:52 WARN]: Failed to handle packet for /192.168.1.1:62910
java.lang.NullPointerException
	    at net.minecraft.network.NetHandlerPlayServer.func_147346_a(NetHandlerPlayServer.java:946) ~[nh.class:?]
	    at net.minecraft.network.play.client.C08PacketPlayerBlockPlacement.func_148833_a(SourceFile:60) ~[jo.class:?]
	    at net.minecraft.network.play.client.C08PacketPlayerBlockPlacement.func_148833_a(SourceFile:9) ~[jo.class:?]
	    at net.minecraft.network.NetworkManager.func_74428_b(NetworkManager.java:244) ~[ej.class:?]
	    at net.minecraft.network.NetworkSystem.func_151269_c(NetworkSystem.java:173) [nc.class:?]
	    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71190_q(MinecraftServer.java:980) [MinecraftServer.class:?]
	    at net.minecraft.server.dedicated.DedicatedServer.func_71190_q(DedicatedServer.java:423) [lt.class:?]
	    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71217_p(MinecraftServer.java:798) [MinecraftServer.class:?]
	    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:658) [MinecraftServer.class:?]
	    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745) [?:1.7.0_80]
[14:05:52 INFO]: EldidiStroyrr lost connection: Internal server error
[14:05:52 INFO]: EldidiStroyrr left the game.

Please fix this Dan!
Lyqyd #2
Posted 26 April 2015 - 08:37 PM
If it works in normal MC + Forge server, but not in a Cauldron server, it's generally Cauldron's fault. Historically, such issues are not supported. You may have more luck reporting the issue to the Cauldron team.
Bomb Bloke #3
Posted 27 April 2015 - 01:21 AM
For what it's worth, it sounds like the bug occurs without Cauldron; the symptoms are merely different if it happens to be present.
valithor #4
Posted 27 April 2015 - 03:15 AM
If it works in normal MC + Forge server, but not in a Cauldron server, it's generally Cauldron's fault. Historically, such issues are not supported. You may have more luck reporting the issue to the Cauldron team.

It should be noted that cauldron has been discontinued, and it is not possible to actually download cauldron from the original developer. So, unfortunately it is not possible to get support from cauldron.

The original developer has joined the team that is building sponge (a replacement for bukkit and forge servers).
Edited on 27 April 2015 - 01:17 AM
vico #5
Posted 14 July 2015 - 05:38 AM

It should be noted that cauldron has been discontinued, and it is not possible to actually download cauldron from the original developer. So, unfortunately it is not possible to get support from cauldron.

The original developer has joined the team that is building sponge (a replacement for bukkit and forge servers).

In fact, a guy called Prototik took over the project and renamed it "KCauldron". Check in google this and "Yive's Mirror" to see more