This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
Angry_Dragonoid's profile picture

1.8 Development?

Started by Angry_Dragonoid, 17 May 2015 - 04:03 PM
Angry_Dragonoid #1
Posted 17 May 2015 - 06:03 PM
Hi, sorry, if I'm becoming a bit annoying by asking this once a month or so, but I'm just REALLY excited for the new 1.8 development build! I was wondering if you've started work on that or if it's even going to be a possibility…I REALLY like 1.8 with the new doors, slime block functionalities for redstone builds, and other stuff like that! I build a really cool redstone house and would love computercraft control over it!
Cranium #2
Posted 18 May 2015 - 05:24 AM
Well considering we're still in beta for some additional 1.7.10 features, don't anticipate a 1.8 release anytime soon.
Bomb Bloke #3
Posted 18 May 2015 - 05:41 AM
It wouldn't entirely surprise me if the stable of the current beta ends up being bumped to a different version of MineCraft, though. Who's to say?

But I've noticed that no beta bug reports have been marked off as fixed for quite some time now. I'm assuming ComputerCraft development is on hold until Dan releases his "secret project". In short, don't hold your breath.
Angry_Dragonoid #4
Posted 18 May 2015 - 06:11 PM
Yea, I've been seeing a bunch of updates on Dan's twitter about some form of "Secret Project"…anyone have a clue about that??
KingofGamesYami #5
Posted 18 May 2015 - 07:07 PM
There's plenty of speculation over here.