This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
V497_Vesper's profile picture

Project red integration

Started by V497_Vesper, 20 May 2015 - 09:31 PM
V497_Vesper #1
Posted 20 May 2015 - 11:31 PM
i think it would be a good idea to bring back project red intergration to create very clever and interesting monitor systems not just for heat monitoring systems but also for things like computer controlled lights that have a longer range than redstone and can be put anywhere enabling the easy compating of your computercraft controlled system
KingofGamesYami #2
Posted 20 May 2015 - 11:38 PM
ComputerCraft has never supported Project Red integration, however Project Red does (or has) supported ComputerCraft's Bundled Cable API. ComputerCraft does not support any mods, although OpenPeripheral and other addons do.
Cranium #3
Posted 21 May 2015 - 12:48 AM
ComputerCraft has never supported Project Red integration, however Project Red does (or has) supported ComputerCraft's Bundled Cable API. ComputerCraft does not support any mods, although OpenPeripheral and other addons do.
Correction: ComputerCraft now uses an API for their bundled cable integration. This API is currently used in Project Red's integration module, and allows for users to interact with them using the Redstone API.

I'm not sure what the original request is about, since there is already integration built into Project Red.
V497_Vesper #4
Posted 21 May 2015 - 01:19 AM
Correction: ComputerCraft now uses an API for their bundled cable integration. This API is currently used in Project Red's integration module, and allows for users to interact with them using the Redstone API.

how can i use this API because it will be helpful for my project mentioned in the ask a pro forums of this site with Nuclear control you see i am trying to use Peripherals++, Nuclear Control, Industrialcraft 2 and Project red, the details are in my post here:

http://www.computerc...ripherals-help/
Edited on 20 May 2015 - 11:22 PM
KingofGamesYami #5
Posted 21 May 2015 - 01:28 AM
The API in question isn't a lua API - It's a java one, that allows other mods to make their cables work with CC computers.

The redstone api already contains methods for dealing with bundled cables, specifically those with 'bundled' in their names (such as rs.setBundledOutput). Depending on your version of Project Red, you may or may not be able to use bundled cables.

@Cranium: That's what I was trying to say