This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
Rieu's profile picture

Obsidian Generator

Started by Rieu, 22 May 2015 - 06:54 AM
Rieu #1
Posted 22 May 2015 - 08:54 AM
Are you running out of obsidian and don't want to risk hauling the lava one bucket at a time? Never fear for the Obsidian Generator is here! This program will cause any mining turtle to make and harvest any and all the obsidian you need. The download code is ucfJpVx9

Requirements for the program
1. Mining turtle
2. A lava source (e.g.Ender Tank attatced to a tank)*
3. A barrel** or chest
4. A plot of land 18 blocks long and 7 blocks wide
5. Http access***

This program will make as many runs as you want as long as your turtle has the fuel for it (each run uses 154 fuel).

Good luck and have fun.

If you would like to see anything added to this program please leave a comment.

* The Ender Tank cannot support the amount of lava required for the turtle. Therefor I recommend using a second tank such as the Tank from openblocks to store the lava using the ender tank to supply the second tank

** The barrel can be empty or have obsidian in it. Both work fine

*** See this video starting from the 2 minute mark for detailed instruction on how to download programs to your turtles and computers
PhilipGreer #2
Posted 06 June 2015 - 01:38 AM
Hey whats up, thanks for the program I just had a question. I know you say to have a lava source (i am using a basic tank) but if running the program takes the lava cells why do you need the lava source? Maybe I am doing this wrong but it seems like it takes a lot of resources to run the program (78 cells) which that tin adds up. Thanks again for the help
Rieu #3
Posted 08 August 2015 - 10:04 PM
Hey whats up, thanks for the program I just had a question. I know you say to have a lava source (i am using a basic tank) but if running the program takes the lava cells why do you need the lava source? Maybe I am doing this wrong but it seems like it takes a lot of resources to run the program (78 cells) which that tin adds up. Thanks again for the help

Sorry it took so long to reply. As for your question, the turtle does use lava cells, but what happens when the cells are empty? By using a lava source, the turtle automatically refills the cells to be used again. This program can basically run indefinitely as long as the turtle has fuel and access to a lava source. As for the resources issue, it takes 78 glass panes and 312 tin item casing. Making your raw materials 30 blocks of sand, 4 charcoal or coal (to make it glass), and 156 tin ingots. Yes it is mildly resource intensive, but to make a mining turtle you need to have found diamonds. I usually find I have the required tin once I get my diamonds.
Edited on 08 August 2015 - 08:05 PM