This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
LDDestroier's profile picture

Wearable computers

Started by LDDestroier, 27 May 2015 - 09:25 PM
LDDestroier #1
Posted 27 May 2015 - 11:25 PM
It would be awesome if CC had an overlaid computer glasses that you could wear, similar to OpenPeripheral's cool shades. Except built in to the unmodified mod (…yeah), of course. Whaddya say?
Exerro #2
Posted 28 May 2015 - 11:04 AM
I think it's a great idea, but I can see the response, "there's a mod for it, just use that", coming up a lot.
wilcomega #3
Posted 09 June 2015 - 11:51 AM
i like the idea, and i also dont like the current implementation of the glasses n the mod
flaghacker #4
Posted 09 June 2015 - 04:14 PM
i like the idea, and i also dont like the current implementation of the glasses n the mod

How would you imagine them being diffrent?
wilcomega #5
Posted 09 June 2015 - 05:30 PM
assuming the "Custom rom via crafting" get implemented, the glasses would just have a micro controller onboard and execute the custom files on the ROM. this way it doesnt need its own computer connected and stuff
also for wearables, i would say that the glasses could also get some info about the player, such as health and hunger so it could warn you, also voice synthisis :3
SpencerBeige #6
Posted 10 June 2015 - 01:32 AM
ok, ima just say, thats genius, and i fully support the idea
LDDestroier #7
Posted 11 June 2015 - 07:54 PM
I really don't like how the openperipherals glasses are used, and I'm happy that I got people who don't shoot down my ideas! Hopefully (and just hopefully) dan200 will implement some sort of computer overlay for the helmet slot or something.
The Crazy Phoenix #8
Posted 17 June 2015 - 08:16 PM
This sounds like a great idea. Even better if the glasses could be upgraded to allow use of wireless Rednet, allowing us to make a chat protocol similar to what the Terminal Glasses are capable of, but better, since each player has a different HUD and there is no need for a specific chunk to be loaded for this suggestion to function correctly.