This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
Terra1's profile picture

Graphical Rednet Network

Started by Terra1, 31 May 2015 - 12:51 PM
Terra1 #1
Posted 31 May 2015 - 02:51 PM
i need help making some sort of "graphical rednet network" that will allow you to see a "map" and simply click on another computer on that "map" to form a rednet network
the rednet network will allow you to share files and send commands to all other computers on the network
Bomb Bloke #2
Posted 31 May 2015 - 02:58 PM
So what was the question?
Terra1 #3
Posted 31 May 2015 - 02:59 PM
So what was the question?
i need some people to make the code (or atleast some of it) since i have barely any experience with coding
Lyqyd #4
Posted 31 May 2015 - 04:10 PM
That's not really how things are done here, especially with such complex requests! You'll have more luck if you work on coding it yourself and ask here about things that you get stuck on.
TheOddByte #5
Posted 01 June 2015 - 06:43 PM
With that Lyqyd said, if you still want this coded for you then you should report your topic and ask for it to be moved to general, as it is a more suitable place.
Terra1 #6
Posted 01 June 2015 - 09:26 PM
can this be moved to general (like TheOddByte said)
With that Lyqyd said, if you still want this coded for you then you should report your topic and ask for it to be moved to general, as it is a more suitable place.
flaghacker #7
Posted 01 June 2015 - 11:00 PM
I wouldn't get my hopes up…
mrpoopy345 #8
Posted 01 June 2015 - 11:11 PM
Learn lua! If you come to this forum wanting someone else to do the work for you, as the famous Hank Green would say, "ur doin it wrong". Study up on lua and computercrafts api, its not that hard!
Creator #9
Posted 01 June 2015 - 11:17 PM
Do you understand networking? TCP/IP? ISO OSI model?
Lyqyd #10
Posted 02 June 2015 - 01:11 AM
Moved by request.
クデル #11
Posted 02 June 2015 - 03:08 PM
I actually like this idea a lot, I might work on it if I have some free time (damn exam studying).
Pyuu #12
Posted 02 June 2015 - 06:02 PM
i need help making some sort of "graphical rednet network" that will allow you to see a "map" and simply click on another computer on that "map" to form a rednet network
the rednet network will allow you to share files and send commands to all other computers on the network

This sounds amazing; but from my experiences working with you in Lur's I think I'm gonna have to turn you down.
Someone else'll come along probably!
Edit: I also checked your topic history, and they all seem to be asking for help. I don't know, maybe proof of concept so people can build on it and help you that way? topic A, topic B, topic C
Edited on 02 June 2015 - 04:05 PM
DannySMc #13
Posted 04 June 2015 - 02:34 PM
I love this idea and may look into it, I'm not sure it's simple as that but it may be possible!
cmdpwnd #14
Posted 05 June 2015 - 04:49 PM
You may want to study up on how lua works, make a rough code and then get help along the way, also it'd be helpful to understand how rednet works seeing as how you want to make a dynamically interconnecting GUI for it.
Terra1 #15
Posted 19 July 2015 - 02:59 AM
this is what i think it should be
you have a map showing the locations of computers (if they have a wireless modem or have a connection to you via cable)
you click on any of the computers and you have the info about the computer and a list of options
some examples are:
transfer a file to any folder of the computer (except ROM)
remote shell
wipe computer and upload clean version of CraftOS
share wireless connection
bounce through (setup a connection to a computer then have that computer setup a connection to another computer)
download files
Edited on 19 July 2015 - 12:59 AM